Objectives:· Identify accounting practices related to analyzing transactions into debit and credit parts.
· Use T accounts to analyze transactions showing which accounts are debited or credited for each transaction.
Use T accounts to illustate the folllowing transactions
A. Hanady withdraws $1,500.00 cash from her business.
B. Hanady pays rent of $950.00.
II. Classwork (In Brown Folders on my desk)
A. Chapter 3 Review Sheet – Due today
B. Recycle Problem C-3 – Due today
III. Test next week
I. Bell work
Based on the examples below determine the amount of minutes for A, B & C
½ hour = ½ * 60/1 = 30 minutes
¾ hour = ¾ * 60/1 = 45 minutes
A. ¼ hour = minutes
B. 1/3 hour = minutes
C. 2/3 hour = minutes
II. Notebook Work
Copy the attached chart in your notebook and answer the following questions.
1. What times are the labs open after school?
2. What room is open Tuesday?
3. What room is open before school?
4. What roon is open Thursday?
A. Typing Book Pgs 31-32 (Print on One Page)
B. Finish Micro Type Pro Lesson 9
I am grading Lessons 5-8 on Monday.
A. Write an example when superscript would be used.
B. Write an example when subscript would be used.
Objective: To apply various formatting techniques when creating Word documents
A. Finish and Print WP#3
B. WP#4 Handout
C. Micro Type Pro RED Section
III. Notebook Check
You are leaving Dearborn and traveling to Youngstown. Youngstown is 220 miles away. How long will it take to get there if you travel at 60 mph with 1/2 hour of delay time?
Hours & Minutes
- To learn reach technique for Left U and C.
- To combine smoothly U and C with all other learned keys.
A. Micro Type Pro Lesson 9 (U & C)
Use T accounts to analyze transactions showing which accounts are debited or credited for each transaction.
Construct T accounts with proper headings and balances for the following transactions:
A.. Sold services for cash $2,500.00
B. Sold services on account to Mroueh Manufacturing $350.00.
II. Notebook Work Pg. 57
A. Explore Accounting 1-2 Q&A
A. Pg. 59 3-4 Application Problem wb pg 47
B. Pg. 60 3-5 Application Problem wb pg 49
IV. Quiz ??????
A. Draw the symbol which represents each of the following tabs:
1. left tab 2. right tab 3. center tab 4. decimal tab
Objective: To apply various formatting techniques when creating documents
II. Notebook work:
A. Describe the advantages of setting tabs to format documents instead of using other methods. 2-3 sentences
A. Finish & Print Exercise 10
B. WP#3 – Word Handout
C. Micro Type Pro
IV. Notebook Check tomorrow
You are leaving Dearborn and traveling to Chicago. Chicago is 280 miles away. How long will it take to get there if you travel at 70 mph with 1 hour of delay time?
II. Notebook work:
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why would you go there? 2-3 sentences
- To improve use of Space Bar, Left Shift key, and Enter.
- To improve keying speed on words, phrases, and sentences
A. Typing Book pgs 29-30
B. Finish Lesson 8
Construct T accounts for the following transactions:
1. Bought 1,500.00 Supplies on account from Abdul Enterprises
2. Paid $700.00 on account to Abdul Enterprises
- Identify accounting practices related to analyzing transactions into debit and credit parts.
- Use T accounts to analyze transactions showing which accounts are debited or credited for each transaction.
- Analyze how transactions affect owner’s equity accounts.
II. 3-3 How Transactions Affect Owners Equity
A. Read & Discuss Pgs. 51-55
1. Cash received from Sales
2. Sales on Account
3. Cash paid for Expenses
4. Cash received on Account
5. Cash paid to Owner
III. Class work
A. Pg 56 Q & A
B. Pg. 56 #6-#9 wb pg. 39-40
C. Pg. 59 3-3 App wb pg. 45
Apply proper formatting techniques as directed to create various word processing documents
I. Bellwork pg 157
#33 a & b -Answer olny
A. Exercise 9 pg 162
B. Exercise 10 pg 163
C. Micro Type Pro – Red Section
Use a T-account to demonstrate the debit, credit, normal balance, increase and decrease sides for an asset and also do the same for a liability.
- Define accounting terms related to analyzing transactions into debit and credit parts.·
- Identify accounting practices related to analyzing transactions into debit and credit parts.·
- Use T accounts to analyze transactions showing which accounts are debited or credited for each transaction.·
- Analyze how transactions to set up a business affect accounts.
II. 3-2 How Transactions Affect Accounts
A. Read + Discuss Pgs. 45-49
1. Questions for Analyzing Transactions
2. Transactions & T-Accounts
III. Class work Pg 50
A. Term + 1-2 Q & A
B. Pg. 50 #3-6 wb pgs. 37-38
C. Pg. 58 Application 3-2 wb pg.43