- Review skills introduced and applied in using spreadsheets
A. Pg 243 #22 a, b, c , #23 & #24 (pgs 217, 218, 219)
II. Spreadsheet Vocabulary Quiz
A. Page 253 Exercise 10
· Define accounting terms related to posting from a general journal to a general ledger.
· Identify accounting concepts and practices related to posting from a general journal to a general ledger.
· Prepare a chart of accounts for a service business organized as a proprietorship.
I. Bell Work:
A. Pg 100 Terms (5) & 1-2 Q & A -10 minutes
II. 5-1 Preparing a Chart of Accounts
A. Read and Discuss pgs 96-99
1. Relationship of a T-Account to an Account Form
2. Chart of Accounts
3. Account Numbers
4. Opening an Account
III. CLASSWORK pg. 100
A) 3-8 WB pgs. 65-66
B) pgs. 113 5-1 WB pg 77
- To learn to use the Tab key to indent paragraphs.
- To improve and check keying speed.
A. Type Pg 50 18C (15 minutes)
II. Notebook Work
A. Answer the following questions based on the chart
1. What does this chart show?
2. Which occupation has the largest projected change in employment?
3. Which occupation has the largest average annual earnings?
4. Which occupation has the smallest average annual earnings?
A. Lesson 19 – Learn TAB Key
· Identify accounting concepts and practices related to journalizing transactions.
· Analyze and record transactions in a general journal.
A. Explain what is the Objective Evidence accounting concept.
II. Notebook Work
A. Cases for Critical Thinking pg 91 Q & A
III. Quick Review
IV. Chapter 4 Test
enter and edit data in worksheet
use formulas to perform calculations
apply cell formatting such as cell borders patterns and color
A. Using Excel determine the value for each formula
A. Exercise 8 Pages 252
B. Micro Type Pro Lesson E
III. Turn in Your Notebook
IV. Spreadsheet Vocabulary Test Tomorrow
- Analyze and record transactions in a gerneral journal ,
A. What does R represent when used in the general journal as a source document number?
B. What type of transaction uses an R as a source document?
A. Review for Thursdays Test – Tomorrow
B. Recycle Problem C-4
III. Turn in your Notebooks
- enter and edit data in worksheet
- use formulas to perform calculations
- apply cell formatting such as cell borders patterns and color
A. Pg 243 #26-27 (See Pg 220)
A. Handout Excersie 3 & 4 Chapter 8
B. Exercise 2 pg 246
III. Notebook Check Tomorrow