I. AP Classroom MC – Review/extra credit
II. Final Exam
I. Bellwork: Q&A
A. Explain the symbolism in this cartoon.
B. Explain the point that is being made.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of the various aspects of fiscal policy (spending and taxation) and its impact on society.
- Integrate and evaluate multiple sources of information presented in different formats in order to address a question or solve a problem
III. Federal Budget Simulation Activity (Directions are here and on Google classroom)
Link https://crfb.org/stabilizethedebt/# –
When you are finished balancing the budget select View or Save PDF – you will need to send this file (Check your download folder for it) then submit it to Google Classroom
Look at this – Budget Save PDF picture
I. Bellwork Q&A
Q1: What careers are you interested in pursuing?
Q2: In addition to providing income, what else might a job provide?
Q3: How do you feel about paying part of your paycheck to government in taxes?
II. Learning Objectives:
Students will be able to…
• Analyze relationships between education, training, and earnings
• Examine the different deductions that come out of a paycheck that determines net pay
• Explain the content and purpose of standard tax forms
• Identify other types of income that can supplement wages or a salary
• Investigate benefits such as health insurance contributions, FSAs, HSAs retirement benefits, leave, life insurance,and disability
Budget Challenge -Quiz (CW7) Data Protection
EverFi Lesson 2: Income and Employment
I. Bellwork: Page 640 – FRQ
- Collaborate and review topics related to monopolies (unregulated) and natural monopolies (regulated)
- Construct, analyze, and interpret graphs for monopolies to determine the profit maximizing level, price, total revenue, total cost, and profit
III. Test Tuesday – Sections 58-63
IV. Classwork on iLearn:
- Monopoly Questions Module 61-63 due today
II. Learning Objectives:
Students will be able to…
- Examine the functions, services, and products offered at various financial institutions
- Compare the costs and benefits of select banking products
- Demonstrate how to open and effectively use a checking and savings account
- Monitor and reconcile bank statements to their personal records
- Explain how investing can be used as part of a long-term financial strategy
Registration Code: e34bd4fb
Lesson 1: Banking Basics
Grades below 70% will not be recorded so you will need to redo it
IV. Scholarship Money:
If you complete one lesson in Venture or EverFi Financial Literacy (~20-40 minutes), You can enter Fifth Third’s scholarship contest.and some of the others offered below: https://everfi.com/program/student-scholarship/
A. Draw a graph with a monopoly earning a profit – label all curves (MC. D. MR. ATC) & show the profit
B. Draw a graph with a monopoly with a loss – label all curves (MC. D. MR. ATC) & show the loss
- Identify the profit maximizing price and quantity for a monopoly
- Determine whether a monopoly is making a profit or loss
- Construct, analyze, and interpret economic models for a monopoly
- Calculate & Explain the Quantity and Price Effect
- Page 621 Check Your Understanding 1-2
- P622 Tackle the Test MC 1-5
- 61.3 on iLearn
I. Bellwork: Figure 5.6 Page 134 Questions & Answers
- At what number of products is the break-even point in on the table achieved? Estimate a range.
- At what number of workers is the profit-maximizing level of output achieved on the table and explain why this choice is correct.
- Explain the advantages e-commerce stores have over traditional stores? (Page 135)
- Construct and analyze the production function and other decision making models which are used to make business decisions.
- Determine the meaning and functions of words and phrases used to make economic decisions
- Create a hypothetical business and differentiate between variable and fixed costs incurred in the operation of the business.
IV. Chapter 5 test on Wednesday
Page 581 Check Your Understanding & Tackle the Test 1-5
- Construct, analyze and interpret economic models relating to MC, ATC, and MR to determine profit maximization and industry entry and exit by firms
- Explain and calculate using data from a graph or table various measures of productivity and short/long run costs.
- Define (using graphs where appropriate) key terms and concepts relating to production, marginal analysis, and profit maximization.
- AP Classroom Problems – together in class
- Homework – iLearn Review
IV. Exam Monday -Section 10 (Module 52-57)
I. Bellwork: Frayer Diagram
- Choose one: Fixed Cost or Variable Cost
- Determine how businesses analyze their costs and revenues to maximize profits.
- Determine the meaning of words and phrases by constructing a brace map to categorize and differentiate costs.
- P. 132 Vocabulary (13)
- P. 137 Q&A 2-5
- Draw a supply graph which illustrates a change in quantity supply (Use arrows)
- Draw a supply graph which illustrates a decrease in supply (use arrows)
- Define Supply; identify changes in quantity supplied and factors that cause a change in supply.
- Analyze various scenarios and determine the impact on supply or quantity supply
III. Retake today after school @ 3:00 pm
IV. Notebook –