Questions & Answers
- What is happening in the picture? (Not a fire.)
- Who is impacted?
- How are they impacted?
- Why do you believe this is being allowed?
- Identify common circumstances related to market failures and the impact externalities have on society.
- Evaluate various explanations for actions or events and determine which explanation best accords with textual evidence
- Determine central ideas of a text and analyze their development over the course of the text, including how they interact and build on one another to provide a complex analysis;
III. Retakes Tuesday after school (I leave at 3:20)
IV. Video & Discussion
V. Notebook Work/Discussion:
A. Tree Map: Causes of Market Failures-Pgs 180-181
B. Distinguish between a positive and negative externality
C. Identify methods the government uses to discourage negative externalities and encourage positive externalities
D. Provide examples of a positive externalities and explain how they impact 3rd party positively.
E. Provide examples of a negative externalities and explain how they impact 3rd parties negatively.
- Page 179 Vocabulary (7)
- P 183 2-6 Q&A