- page 189 Critical Thinking 1-2 Q&A
- Prepare and income statement for a service business
- calculate and analyze financial ratios using income statement accounts
- Heading of an Income Statement p 192.
- Revenue Expenses & Net Income p. 194
- Analyzing an Income Statement p. 195
- Two Sources of Revenue p. 197
Decimal to Percentage – on iLearn
Google classroom on Google Sheets
- 7-1 Working Together
- 7-1 On Your Own p. 198
- 7-1 Application Problem p. 208
I. Bellwork: On Google Classroom
- Analyze the relationship between cost of education versus return on investment
- Compare costs of various higher education options
- Analyze costs beyond tuition associated with postsecondary education and training institutions
- Identify common types of risks and basic risk management methods
- Explain the role insurance can play in a risk management strategy
III. Classwork EverFi
(Summative total grade)
- Financing Higher Education
You should be finished with the entire module by the end of today
I. Bellwork: On Google Classroom – submit it there
- Assess the quality of sources when researching products to buy
- Analyze the costs and benefits of renting vs. owning
- Apply strategies for making informed decisions when purchasing consumer goods
- Understand the reason for using debt to finance purchases
- Compare and select credit cards based on features and impact to personal financial plan
- Describe how credit repayment affects the cost of borrowing
EverFi (Summative total grade)
- Consumer Skills
- Managing Credit and Debt
You should complete the entire Program by the end of class Friday
I. Bellwork: Budget Challenge
- Pay Bills & Update Spreadsheet
- Reflect upon the topics covered in the budget challenge and how they will impact your financial decisions in the future.
- Assess retention of concepts and skills related to person finance through Post Simulation Assessments
- Maintain and update spreadsheet recording bank account activity.
A. Submit your Budget Challenge Spreadsheet on Google Classroom – It should be complete.
B.. Finish all the Review Quizzes (3). – Everything Closes on 12/12/19
- Complete a worksheet using proper procedures, making adjustments, and determining Net income or loss
- Apply knowledge of accounting terminology and concepts related to worksheet preparation
III. Chapter 6 Exam: On iLearn
- Completing a Worksheet
- Multiple Choice and T/F
IV. Tomorrow – Finish all Budget Challenge
V. Thursday – Friday Finish EverFi
I. Bellwork: On iLearn
• Complete a worksheet using proper procedures, making adjustments, and determining Net income/loss
• Evaluate various explanations for actions or events and determine which explanation best accords with textual evidence, acknowledging where the text leaves matters uncertain.
III. Chapter 6 Test Tomorrow
A Recycle Problem D-6 At the end of the textbook
• Complete and turn in the worksheet
B. 6M Randomized Practice on MindTap
I. Bellwork: Pay Bills & Update Spreadsheet
- Explain how Direct student loan proceeds are disbursed.
- Understand how to get a Direct federal student loan.
- Evaluate the consequences of student loan delinquency and default.
- Distinguish between revolving and term loans.
- Compare and contrast fixed and variable rate loans.
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks of credit cards.
- Identify other costs associated with a mortgage
III. Turn in Homework
- (CW9) Personal Income Taxes and Forms
- (CW8) Investments
V. Homework: MindTap Mastery Problem 9M
VI. Chapter 6 Test Tuesday
Page 182 – Explore Accounting: Fiscal Periods
- Make your recommendation and support it with your explanation.
- Complete a worksheet using proper procedures, making adjustments, and determining Net income/loss
- Compare and contrast net income and net loss through class discussion, text information and construction of a double bubble
- Discuss the importance of choosing a fiscal period that is based upon cycles in a business.
IV. Class work:
- 6M Pages 184-185
- Additional Worksheet (Net Loss) on Google Classroom
I. Bellwork On Google Classroom
- Journalize and post the adjusting entries for supplies and prepaid insurance.
- Explain the necessity and the steps in journalizing adjusting entries while completing a sequence map
III. Discussion/Notebook Work
- Adjusting entries and why they are necessary
- Sequence Map
- Working Together & On Your Own (p. 179).
- Application Problem 6-4 (p. 184).
I. Bellwork Q&A
- What classification of accounts are include on the balance sheet columns of the worksheet? (3)
- What classification of accounts are include on the income statement columns of the worksheet? (2)
- Prepare the Balance Sheet and Income Statement columns of a worksheet.
- Total and rule the worksheet.
- Follow and apply the steps for finding errors on a worksheet
III. Discussion/Notebook Work
- Tree Map – Worksheet, Columns & Accounts
A. Working Together(p. 175).
- 6-3 Working Together & On Your Own
- Application Problem 6-3 (p. 183)