Websites we love to use:
- Have Fun Teaching (google this for the free letter AND word songs on YouTube!)
- Harry Kindergarten songs various subjects! – (google this for the free letter songs on YouTube)
- IXL for Math (this is a school website I love to use. I’d love to fundraise and purchase a membership for our students this year! Parents would need to buy a private membership)
- Tumblebooks (a great resource you can access this through the Dearborn Public Library’s Website)
- Razkids for reading (look for teacher rosskg)
- Dreambox (www.dreambox.com/teachertools)
- ABC Mouse
- Starfall.com for reading and language arts
- Click on interactives
- choose preK-K on the right hand side and hit search
- scroll down the games and enjoy!
- ABCya.com is a great math/LA website for kids!
Apps I love for ipads/iphones:
- Touch Write: letters/numbers for students at the “recognition” stages and little brothers and sisters to have fun!
- Teach me Kindergarten/ Teach Me First Grade
- RazKids on the ipad is a free app!
- Bedtime Math: a great “problem a day” to be solved at various levels depending on the age and ability of each child! this is one of my son Benjamin’s personal favorites! we keep a journal and pencil by his bedside just in case he’d like to draw a picture or work it out on paper.
*Mrs. Ross has entered all students into her classroom for the private website Raz-kids. Students should begin reading at home immediately (reading every night is part of our kindergarten daily homework) and enjoying 10-15 minutes a night as a kindergarten student (reading pack books count!) or 10-20 minutes a night as a first grader.