Snow School is looking for ways our students are involved in the community and outside of our school day. If your children are in programs or activities in which they have achieved something- the next level, recognition for their services, involvement in programs, medals in sports, volunteer activities, church or scouts, the list could be endless!- and you wish to let us help you celebrate with them- please send in a photo for our Achievements Showcase! It is located in the lobby and is seen by everyone! We welcome the opportunity to promote all the good that our students at Snow do OUTSIDE their school day. If you have questions please see Ms. Zechar.
First Graders analyzing informational text by “Reading with a pencil” to annotate evidence.
First Graders read Hi! Fly Guy by Tedd Arnold (image #1).
Students wrote to compare and contrast characters by explaining the differences between a pest and a pet (image #2).
Please bring in can goods for the Snow Can Drive!
We will be collecting for the less fortunate in our Community!
Here are links of suggestions on how to help your child with Reading and Math at Home!
Snow’s Read at Home Plan
- Reading book bags will go home daily
- Students must read books for at least 20 minutes each day.
- Students will complete a reading assignment daily
- Book Log– Signed daily by parents and returned to school
- Online reading websites through the District homepage (CLEVER) https://students.dearbornschools.org/ and on teacher and grade level blogs.
- Click on the Clever App and after logging in choose the myOn App and choose a book of your choice!
Please make sure you child has winter gear for school everyday! Students will need hats, coats, boots, snowpants and mittens or gloves.
Please don’t forget about the Snow School Read at home program! If your child is not reading at home every night please remind them to! The read at home progam include reading together, where your child reads a page to you and you read a page to them.
Wonder is a great book to read together and the movie comes out this month!