We will be hosting a site at Howe School on Monday, Jan 24, and Monday, Feb 14 from 3-7 in our gym. It is a walk-in clinic for anyone in the public. They will provide both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to children 5-17 and adults as well as the flu vaccine. They will provide 1st dose, 2nd dose, or booster shots. All are welcome. There will also be a gift card giveaway. A parent will need to be present to provide consent for any students under the age of 18.
I sent home the weekly reading homework sheet today, so the students would have a full week to read 100 minutes when and how they choose. I also changed the days the students respond to their reading to a general 4 responses, it does not have to be on a designated day. I hope these changes make it easier for everyone to read and respond at home.
Have a great weekend!
Friday, January 7 is a popcorn Friday. Students will receive a bag of popcorn with a $1 donation.
It is also picture retake day. If you would like your child’s picture retaken, you will need to return the picture packet. If your child missed the first picture day and you would like them photographed you can order online at mylifetouch.com using the code EVTFHGJWR.
NO Honor’s Choir today.
At our December 7th meeting we will be choosing a type of renewable energy to create a Google slide presentation. Here is the video we watched to learn about different types of energy. They may use this as a source and they need another sources also. They may include pictures and videos and will present to Green Team and maybe other classes. Here is the Google Form to pick their topic. This will be due January 4th. Email projects to email@example.com. If you didn’t finish your project please still come to the meeting.
No Honors Music Classes Tuesday, January 4, 2022
(I’m so nervous. :))
I am excited to see everyone and hear all the news I’ve missed these past two weeks. We have a new student joining our class and I know everyone will be friendly and helpful to our new friend.
A couple of reminders before tomorrow:
- Bring boots, snow pants, gloves and a hat to go outside if the temperature is above 20 degrees, we will be going outside to play and for fresh air.
- Bring a couple of masks because sometimes masks need to be changed through the day for various reasons and it’s good to have a spare mask when needed.
- As you may be aware, Covid cases are continuing to spread at a high rate throughout the nation. As we return it is very important that we closely monitor our staff and students and that we are following our mitigation plans. Please help us keep our students healthy and in school by doing the following:
- If your child or anyone in your household has been exposed over the Holiday Break to Covid, please keep your child home from school and contact the school office for further guidance.
- If your child or anyone in your household has any symptoms of illness or has tested positive for covid, please keep your child home from school and contact the school office for further guidance.
- If your child or anyone in your household is unable to pass the Daily District Screener, please keep your child home from school and contact the school office for further guidance.
- If your child or anyone in your household has a covid test result that is pending-either rapid or PCR, please keep your child home from school and contact the school office for further guidance.
We need every individual to follow this advisory message in order for us to help mitigate the spread of Covid-19 within our school community.