Welcome back from Winter Break! I hope you were able to spend some much needed family and relaxation time.
Now that we are back in 2019, NWEA testing will be quickly approaching.
In order to prepare students for the test, we will be reviewing important skills. It would be very helpful to continue to practice reading and math skills at home. Here are a few ideas to help you with preparing for the NWEA tests:
- Review Math flash cards – have a parent or sibling quiz you!
- Try and complete a math facts quiz — time yourself and try and beat your time!
- Read, read, and read!
- Write about what you read. For each book you read, write a short summary about what the book was about. Focus on listing the characters, main events, and big ideas from the reading.
- Ask and answer questions about the text – read a paragraph or two and have an older sibling or family member ask you questions about it to make sure you understood what it was about — COMPREHENSION is OH SO SO SO IMPORTANT!
- Most importantly, take care of yourself. Wash your hands, brush your teeth, eat healthy brain foods and get plenty of good rest. Testing can be stressful, but the more prepared you are the better you’ll succeed! I promise it will all be okay! 🙂