Week of 10/16/17
- Greetings room 107 Families, I hope this message finds you well rested and DRY! It has been such a wet and windy weekend. As we head into week 6 here is what you need to know so get your pencils and paper and mark your calendars!
- Important Info:
- We will be going on a FIELD TRIP on November 6th to the Ann Arbor Hands On Museum! Yay!!! The permission slip came home yesterday. please have them filled out completely and sent back to Miss Shapas by Friday , 10-20-2017 at the latest. Chaperones: we have room for 6 chaperones to ride the bus and those names will be drawn on Friday the 20th. Remember to have ichat forms completed in the office ASAP! We are not allowed parent volunteers by law who do not have these completed! It’s great to do them now, they are good for several years! Thank you in advance for all your help, understanding, and timeliness as we organize our trip.
- Wednesday October 18th, 2017 we have our first LATE START! All students will arrive one hour later to school while teachers have a staff meeting. I will see all my darlings at 9:35 am on Wednesday! I hope you get to sleep in 🙂
- Thursday is picture day! Please fill out the picture form before Thursday morning.
To be covered this week:
- *Math KDG: In KDG this week we will continue Unit 2 and compare numbers and groups of objects by attributes.
- Science: 5 Senses Unit Finish this week…This week we will finish our Unit on the 5 Senses and then be moving on to “Force and Motion” next week! We will study pushes and pulls and prepare to use our knowledge on the field trip to the Hands on Museum!
- Social Studies-This week we will talk about sharing and taking turns and complete a friendship craft (we will be making our own “rainbow fish” and have already started writing about how we can be “good friends”
- *Writer’s Workshop- This week we will continue writing through illustrations. However, in Social studies we are writing to answer the prompt, “I Can Be A Good Friend”…….
- Language Arts-This week we will enjoy comparing the similarities and differences between the two narrative trade books “Where’s My Mummy?” Carolyn Crimi and “Are You My Mother?” P.D. Eastman
- in addition, students will be introduced to the “short o and i, we will work on identifying beginning consonant sounds and rhymes (ex. /c/ and then /ot/)
- –POEM: Mummy! We will continue to hear and identify rhymes this week, and now we will identify which “two” words in a series of three rhyme (ex. hat, book, bat)
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I will be sure to add and update any and all information as the week progresses if there are any changes to this information!