Our beloved Fall Fest is returning to Nowlin this year on October 22! This year things will look a little different this year, but will be equally fun! We will be hosting a trunk or treat for the kids and then students will get to trick or treat to each of the teachers windows for more goodies! Look for a sign up form to come home soon, but until then, we need families to sign up to decorate and pass out candy from their trunk and also help out at the event. Please visit our sign up genius and let us know how you can help!
We are also collecting bags of candy in office for the event. You can send those to school with your child!
Let us know if you have any questions!
There will be a specials schedule change beginning Monday, October 11, 2021. The schedule will be the following:
Thursday: Music-10:05am-10:50am Library Checkout-1:00pm-1:30pm
Friday: Gym-9:15am-10:00am Music-2:50pm-3:35pm
For permanent employment apply at: https://dearbornschools.org/gethired/
For substitute employment apply at: https://www.edustaff.org/requirements/
For questions call (313) 827-3002
Teacher substitutes – APPLY NOW!
- Long-term – commitment of 20 days or more earn $200 per day starting on day one
- Daily substitutes earn $130 per day
- 60 college credit hours required
- Apply NOW at: https://www.edustaff.org/requirements/
Permanent teaching positions available! Starting pay $51,896 (Bachelor’s degree) $55,368 (Masters degree)
- Benefits include:
- Extremely low cost healthcare employee contribution
- Bonuses & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- Career growth opportunities
- Areas needed:
- Special education teachers
- Elementary & secondary teachers
- Early childhood teachers
- Physical education, music, art, and STEAM
Non-instructional positions available! Permanent & substitutes needed
- Paraprofessionals – Special education
- Paraprofessionals – GSRP (early childhood)
- Receptionists & secretarial positions
- Food service positions
- Custodial positions
- Engineer positions
We recently mailed the following letter home. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UYkOziK0pqwwQazE_PSVCOHMiKldo6UM/view?usp=sharing
When you receive the letter, please be sure to fill it out and return to the school As Soon As Possible.
The form is critical in determining the amount of money that our school receives from a variety of State and Federal supplemental programs like Title 1 A, At-risk (31a), Title II A, E-Rate, etc.
These supplemental programs have the potential to offer supports and services for our students including, but not limited to:
- Instructional supports (staff, supplies & materials, etc)
- Non-instructional services (counseling, social work, health services, etc.)
- Professional Learning for Staff
- Parent and Community engagement supplies and activities