1st Goal of Today: Finish the 6 i-Ready lessons with the quiz at the end. You MUST pass the quiz in order to move on to the next lesson. They are due by the end of the day! (It is a total of about 3 hours worth of work- 1 hour 3x per week).
2nd Goal of Today: Make sure the Khan and IXL from lessons 12-15 are finished. They are also due by the end of the day! (This is 3 weeks of assignments, which is about 20 minutes of work per day. Hopefully, you did not wait until the last minute! You will be very busy!)
Some things to remember aka FUN FACTS!
- We spend 100 minutes in math class, 5 times per week. That is 500 minutes per week in the classroom working on JUST math. That’s over 8 hours!
- I am asking that you spend around an hour, 3 times per week. Ideally, I would like 1 hour per day, but I know you have other classes.
- If you spent one hour a day, 5 times per week, that is 300 minutes. That is 300/500 of the minutes we usually spend in school! That is only 60% of the work we normally do in class.
- If you spent one hour, 3 times per week, that is 180 minutes. That’s only 36% of the work we normally do!
- If you are sitting down, focusing, it won’t even take you that long! Thank you for your dedication to educational excellence!!
- If you made the mistake of waiting until the last minute (we all do it once in a while, it happens!), PLEASE learn from this experience and make a schedule for yourself for next week so that you do not get behind.
IF YOU NEED A CHROMEBOOK: Please go to Lowrey with a parent between 12:30-2pm to sign one out. One per household.
REMIND: If you have not done so already, please go to my google classroom to get my code for Remind for your class.
ASKING FOR HELP: As always, I am here to help you! A lot of students are sending questions about things that I have already posted to my iBlog. Please read all of my posts! Also, to those students that have already sent questions, thank you so much for always being kind and polite!