- Khan- make sure all assignments due are completed
- IXL- FF6, FF14, and HH1
- 9 Days until 100% of mission due
- Khan 5 Assignments
- IXL U6, U7, W1, W2, W3
- Minimum 20 minutes of each
- Khan Mission needs to be 100 percent by the end of the month
- Khan (5 assignments)- complete the assignments from yesterday if incomplete- go to past assignments
- IXL (Section U.1-U.5)- complete the assignments from yesterday if incomplete- Z1-Z5
- 20 minutes each of Khan and IXL
- Tomorrow Quiz on Multiplying and Dividing Decimals Story Problems. Practice the ones posted below and in the study guide in order to help you study.
Select the correct answer(s) from the given options:
1. Jamie bought 4 pounds of sugar for $2.56. What is the cost of sugar per pound?
- a) $0.64 per pound
- b) $1.64 per pound
- c) $1.50 per pound
- d) $0.75 per pound
2. The cost of one chair is $349.50. Find the cost of 5 chairs?
- a) $1745
- b) $1700.50
- c) $1747.50
- d) $1645.50
3. Merkel bought 10 cups, 5 plates, and 2 bowls at the store. The cups cost $1.25 a piece. The plates cost $2.75 a piece. The bowls cost $1.00 a piece. If he already paid fourteen dollars, how much more money does he need to pay?
- a) $28.25
- b) $14.50
- c) $28.75
- d) $14.25
4. At the clothing store, Ben bought 5 shirts and 2 jackets. Each shirt cost $3.25 and the jacket cost $2.75. How much money does he need to pay at the counter?
- a) $21.25
- b) $21.50
- c) $21.15
- d) $21.75
5. Emily bought 15 books at a cost of $172.50. What is the cost of each book if they all cost the same?
- a) $11.50
- b) $10.50
- c) $11
- d) $11.25
6. Peter bought 1 basketball, 2 baseballs, and 1 football at the sports store. The basketball cost $5.75, the baseballs cost $2.25 a piece, and the football was $5.00. How much money does he need to pay at the counter?
- a) $17.50
- b) $15.25
- c) $10.75
- d) $13
7. A pack of 10 pencils costs $5.50. How much does each pencil cost?
- a) $0.55
- b) $0.25
- c) $0.50
- d) $0.20
8. At Chucky Bee restaurant, the meal cost $55.25 and desserts cost $15.75 for 5 people. How much money each person pays?
- a) $14.50
- b) $14.25
- c) $14.20
- d) $15.50
9. In Veggie-Grill restaurant, 3.50 kg green peppers and 2.25 kg red peppers are needed for cooking. The cost of 1kg peppers is $1.5. What is the total cost of green and red peppers?
- a) $8.5
- b) $8.25
- c) $8.625
- d) $8.50
10. 30 students went on the school trip. If the total cost of the trip was $802.50, then how much money does each student need to contribute?
- a) $26.75
- b) $26
- c) $26.50
- d) $16.50
11. A bus traveled 167.50 miles in 5 hours. How much distance traveled per hour?
- a) 33.5 miles/hour
- b) 35.5 miles/hour
- c) 43.5 miles/hour
- d) 23.5 miles/hour
IXL Z1-Z5 (all hours)
Khan 5 assignments (1st and 5th hour)
20 minutes Khan 20 minutes IXL minimum
Link to PDF File: ReadyStudy Problems 8,12,15,16
- Khan- work on the posted assignments and the mission. Start working through Geometry as well as Statistics and Probability. The mission is the last chance for some of you to bring up your grade before the last card marking.
- IXL- finish section Y. Pay special attention to Y10, 11, 14, and 15. If there is a section from Y that you are completely stuck on, and cannot figure it out using the examples or researching using math websites, send me a polite email with a SPECIFIC QUESTION and I will try to respond with an explanation as best as I can. I cannot respond to “I don’t get it”. Next week we will do section Z, if you want to get a head start!
- Check the iBlog for study guides for the different lesson quizzes. I will work on them over the weekend- should be done by Sunday. They are completely optional. I will post the answer keys/explanations as well. You can do them if you want to study. Otherwise, we will take the quizzes for Lessons 8, 12, 15, and 16 next week. We will also take a quiz on the packet, writing the expressions and parts of algebraic expressions, and distributive property/combining like terms.
- Genie Problem Components- Bring all components Monday if you have not done so
- 5th Hour- I am still waiting on the pictures and Math Curses from several people. I am going to try to finish coloring the poster this weekend.
- Finish IXL Section Y by Sunday night at 10pm.
- Khan and IXL 20 minutes each per night. New Khan Assignments are up. Check them out.
- Make sure Genie Problem is ready to go.
- Spirit Day Tomorrow: Crazy Hair Day/Lowrey Gear Day!
- Khan Assignments (20 mins minimum, remember mission 100% by end of month)
- IXL Y14 is combining like terms, it goes with what we are doing
- Genie Problem Writing Assignment: In paragraph format, answer the following questions:
- When you first read the Genie Problem, did you predict that the 50,000 coins or the one magic coin?
- Why did you think that would be the better deal?
- Why was the total number of coins after 28 days so large?
- After completing the problem, how did your thinking about exponents change?
- Explain why 2 to the power of 28 is not 56.
- Check Khan for any additional assignments
- Tonight: Y1-Y6 on IXL
- Khan Assignments
1st Hour & 2nd Hour: I assigned the relevant Khan Academy assignments that go with basic expressions. The IXL that goes with these is: Y3, Y4, and Y6 and Z1, Z2. Working on these WILL GO TOWARDS YOUR MINUTES THIS WEEKEND, SO COMPLETE THESE ASSIGNMENTS FIRST!