Look for these items in your backyard and check them off as you find them!
- To practice handwriting skills, answer the questions by writing in a notebook
- To practice typing skills, answer the questions by typing on a computer (be sure to use good posture and both hands)
- To practice holding your head up, moving your head, or reaching and grasping with your arms, work on these skills as your searching for items around the yard
Posted in Blogs, Handwriting, Sensory, Typing, Visual Motor and tagged handwriting, outdoors, scavenger hunt, sensory, typing, visual motor by Emily Dandron, OTRL with .
Pizza breathing is a way to encourage slow and controlled breathing when a child is anxious, hyper, or upset.
How to do Pizza Breathing:
- Make a triangle with your fingers to make a slice of pizza or print and color a piece of pizza.
- “Smell the pizza” – slowly breathe in through your nose
- “Blow on the hot pizza” – slowly breathe out of your mouth
- Repeat at least 4 times
Posted in Blogs, Mindfulness and tagged breathing, mindfulness, pizza, self-regulation by Emily Dandron, OTRL with .
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup cornstarch (start with 1/2 cup and add as needed)
- Measuring cups
- Gather materials
- Measure cornstarch
- Pour cornstarch into bowl
- Measure water
- Pour water into bowl
- Mix water and cornstarch with a spoon
- Add more water or cornstarch as needed. Mixture should be thick, solid when squeezed, and turn to liquid when held in an open hand or left alone
- Play with the Oobleck and read Dr. Seuss’ book Bartholomew and the Oobleck.
Here is a link to a YouTube Video of this book read-aloud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDef7vCgrk0
Posted in Sensory and tagged recipe, sensory, slime, tactile by Emily Dandron, OTRL with .