What is the S.O.D.A.S. Method of Problem Solving?
S = Situation
O = Options
D = Disadvantages
A = Advantages
S = Solution
- S = Situation: Figure out what the “situation” or problem is.
- O = Options: Reflect on how you could have handled this situation. Think about the options you had and how you could have problem solved.
- D = Disadvantages & A = Advantages: Go through your options and think about what are advantages of this option and the disadvantages. Next, think about what are the benefits of some of the advantages you came up with.
- S = Solution: Reflect on the options you listed and view them with the advantages and disadvantages. Then come up with a solution the next time you encounter this situation/problem. This could be your plan for the “next time” this happens.
What are the benefits of following this process?
- Learning problem solving techniques
- Being proactive the next time you are stuck
- Easing the decision process
All information was obtained from https://suebadeau.webs.com/SODAS.pdf. Please reference this for more details.