Good evening parents, students and families!
Here is a classroom update:
- Friday, September 28 = Spelling Test
- Please prepare to succeed!!
- Monday, October 1 = Field Trip to Belle Isle
- Thank you to the parents who have agreed to chaperone on our trip. We are so excited for our first field trip of the year! Please remind your students to bring a BAGGED LUNCH ON MONDAY.
- Math– We are continuing to build on our math skills use the Eureka curriculum. Please use the ‘homework helper’ pages as a reference to help you and your student get the most out of the homework assignments.
- Reading– Students were given the iReady books. Soon we will get the assessment and resource up and running. Students are continuing to practice their reading stamina in class. Always remember to read at home, too!
- Writing– Students have been working on their personal narratives. I have previewed some and they look great! I have emphasized the importance of indenting, capitalization, punctuation and providing a title to each piece of writing they complete. Students have been building their work on writing stamina, too!
- Science– Students have been enjoying science investigations using wires, light bulbs, and batteries. Students had an opportunity to work in groups to create a light bulb circuit and a working electromagnet.
- Social Studies– We have been covering “Questions Geographers Ask” in regards to location and place. Students have explored the location of the U.S. based on continent, hemisphere and geographic location using the equator and Prime Meridian. Now, students will think about how to describe human and physical characteristics of the United States.
We are continuing to build a productive and focused classroom environment. I appreciate the support from you all! Let’s keep working to make it a successful year!
Today, students picked out 2-3 good fit books to take home in their book bags today.
Please encourage your students to read those books at home to build their READING STAMINA!
Reading is awesome, reading is fun, reading is for everyone
Students are responsible for each book they borrow from the classroom library. It needs to be returned to school on their designated library day so that they can choose new books to read.
Math homework sent home today and is due tomorrow. Students are to complete pages 21-22, all problems. Math homework is completed in the book called “Succeed”. There are homework helper pages to assist parents and students.
This is a friendly reminder to hold students accountable for completing homework. Students write their homework on their weekly homework planner page that remains in their dark blue take home folder for the duration of the week. This past week there were 2 homework assignments: Social Studies worksheet about the relative location of the United States AND Math Book C (Succeed) pages 5-7, problem numbers (#s) 1a, 1b, 1c and 2, 5 & 6. If students have not completed it yet, it will be due no later than Monday.
Homework pace will pick up quickly as we enter the end of the first month of school.
Have a wonderful weekend!
This is a friendly reminder that our Open House is tonight from 6-7:30pm. Please stop by at any time during those hours. During the Open House you can:
- See the classroom and your student’s learning space
- Sign up for Parent Teacher Conferences
- Get contact information
- Meet me! 🙂
Can’t wait to see you all tonight!
As we begin week 3 I wanted to update the fourth grade families on what is to come and what has happened in Room 204 so far:
- We have been practicing classroom routines and procedures to help our days run more smoothly.
- We have been building our reading stamina through Read to Self.
- We took our first spelling test last Friday and will take the next one this coming Friday- the new list will be sent home today, Monday.
- This week we will continue with subject area testing and reading tests. It takes lots of focus, but the fourth graders are doing a great job so far!
- This Thursday, September 13 is the Open House from 6-7:30pm. Please come and learn more about what will be happening in Room 204 this year. I would love to meet each and every family!
- Friday will be a half day for students.
Thank you for your support thus far. Continue to encourage your students to read each day to build their stamina. I am looking forward to an amazing rest of the year!