Hello Staff. Students and Parents!!
Here is a very important message from our Principal about Howe being a fragrance-free school. Please do your best to remember not to use/wear scented products when entering Howe school as this could trigger severe allergies and allergic reactions. Like all classrooms, the Music Room is designated as a fragrance-free room. This includes during and after-school. Thank you!
Greetings Howe School Families,
I am reaching out to all of you to ask your assistance with providing a safe environment for a member of our Howe School community who has developed a serious allergy to fragrances often found in personal care products, perfumes, colognes, lotions, and scented sanitizers or cleaning products. Contact with these scents, even in small amounts can cause serious and adverse health effects. As a result, Howe School will now be designated as a fragrance-free school.
As a district, and as a school, we have put in place measures to assist with this situation, and are asking that all the students and staff refrain from wearing scented lotions, colognes, and perfumes during or after the school day. In the event that a student or staff member forgets and wears a scent, they will be asked to leave the classroom until the situation is resolved. The safety and well being of our staff and students is our priority. We sincerely appreciate your efforts to make Howe School a designated fragrance-free school!
Please feel free to contact Mrs. Fournier if you have questions or would like any information about fragrance allergies.
Principal/Special Education Coordinator