Reading and talking about books is a great way to support language skills.
Get ready to read the story by thinking about what you already know about fish and sharing:
– What are some kinds of fish that you know? Can you describe them?
– What facts do you know about fish?
– Why is it nice to share?
– How does it make us feel if a friend doesn’t share with us?
– Why is it sometimes hard to share?
After the story go through these questions:
– Who are the characters in the story?
– Where does the story take place? This is called the setting.
– What happened at the beginning of the story?
– What was the problem? How did this make the characters feel?
– How was this problem solved? How did the characters feel now?
– How does the story end?
Can you retell the story?