LAW Enforcement Career Exploration and Growth Opportunities:
If you are interested in law enforcement related careers here are some local opportunities for career exploration:
- FBI –Visiting Scientist Program & Honors Internship Opportunities: https://www.fbijobs.gov/students/undergrad
- Dearborn Police Department Explorer Post Program – The mission of the Dearborn Police Explorer Program is to develop responsible, educated, and capable youth in our community. The program strives to offer the explorers the opportunity to build the characteristics and qualities needed to become an effective law enforcement officer. (313) 943-3092 or (313) 943- 2212@DearbornPoliceExplorers
- Summer Legal Institute – The goal of the SLI is to enhance skill sets that are essential for students to progress successfully through high school, college and law school. Scholars experience interactive sessions that will develop skills such as reading, writing, critical thinking, professional etiquette, financial literacy and public speaking. Through a unique curriculum designed to enhance these skill sets, the SLI program inspires diverse students to pursue advanced degrees and careers in the legal profession. It will take place at University of Detroit Mercy School of Law from July 15-19, 2019. They have extended the deadline for Detroit to April 1, 2019. Apply online at https://jtb.org/summer-legal-institute/
- Wayne County Sheriff Internship Program – Internships are available for undergraduate students in the areas of criminal justice, paralegal studies, or accounting. Please contact the internship program coordinator directly. Rashaun Whitehead – Career Service Coordinator (313) 833-1224 office email@example.com
- Border Patrol Explorer Post Program (for teens and young adults) – https://www.cbp.gov/careers/outreach-programs/youth/explorer-program & http://www.detroitcbpexplorers.org/
If your interested or wanting to learn more about what MIAT has to offer. See attached flyer for their open house on Sat., Marh 23rd. Mar. 2019 Open House Flyer
There will be dual enrollment meetings on Tuesday, March 26 and Wednesday, March 27 before school (6:45am) and after school (2:20) in the auditorium. YOU MUST ATTEND THE MEETING IN ORDER TO DUAL ENROLL next year.
The AP lang meeting has been moved to after school Tuesday, March 5th in the auditorium.
The AP Bio meeting has been changed to Wednesday, March 6th in room D205 @2:20
Want to learn more about the various career and technical programs? Then check out the various summer programs available. It is encouraged that students apply early; deadlines are often in early spring. Also, keep an eye out for scholarship opportunities. Please review the links below for more information.
a. College for Creative Studies – Summer Experience https://www.collegeforcreativestudies.edu/academics/precollege-continuing-studies/precollege-summer-experience
b. Henry Ford College – https://www.hfcc.edu/about/community/camp-henry
c. Lawrence Tech – https://www.ltu.edu/community_k12/summer-camps.asp
d. Michigan Tech – https://www.mtu.edu/syp/
e. University of Michigan – https://youthhub.umich.edu/marketplace/opportunities
Interested in carpentry programs. Come check out the open house and career fair to learn more about the carpentry programs. You will have an opportunity to tour the training facility, learn more about the apprenticeship program, have lunch, and meet with employers. If interested, please send a message to the number listed on the flyer. You should also arrive with a resume. Let your counselor know if you need help with creating a resume. See attached flier for more details. carpentry visit
The MBCC Open House coming up on Wednesday, March 6th from 4-7pm. Teachers and students will be present to show off all the exciting career opportunities available to students in Dearborn. If you are interested in any of their programs, this is a wonderful opportunity to learn about they offer. See attached filer to learn more.Open House FlyerMBCC
The AP stats meeting with Ms. Mouhanna has been changed. The new date is Wednesday, March 6th after school in room A222.