1 – iReady Diagnostic! It’s the only assignment you have this week. Please complete the WHOLE diagnostic by Friday. Do a little each day. Take your time and do not rush, however, if you take TOO long (more than a full week) it will reset your test and you’ll have to start at the beginning. Think problems through. Show me what you’ve learned this year!
2 – 5th grade GRADUATION! It’s a drive thru format and our class is at 2:30 on Tuesday!
3 – During the next week if you happen to find a LLI reading group book, school library book, classroom library book, science textbook, or other school books – there will be a box next to the school doors for you to drop it off.
4 – Please see the post about Middle Schools. It’s below this one, but here’s a quick link https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/zastrow/2020/05/26/middle-school-2020-2021/
This time of year we would be excited about field day and graduation and all the fun we’d have at the end of elementary school. I wish we could all be together, but it’s better to be safe and healthy right now.
Make sure to complete your Google Classroom assignments and 45 minutes of iReady at a 80% pass rate by Friday. We will have a class meeting on iLearn using BBB, but only for half an hour from 12:15-12:45. I have a meeting before and after, so we have to keep it short.
- Thursday, June 4th will be student materials distribution and collection. Please have a parent come to pick up your desk materials and return any LLI, Library, class library, or science text books you may have at home. k-2 Staff 11a.m. – 1 p.m. 3rd – 5th 12 – 2 p.m
- GLEANERS food Distribution, Tuesday June 2, 2020 at 11 a.m., menu includes Halal Chicken / White Rice / Peanut Butter / range Juice / Walnuts/ Raisins / Spaghetti Sauce / Fruit Mix / Canned Apple Sauce
- Student window for iReady Diagnostic will begin Monday June 8th, 2020
Have a great sunny Monday!
Please see the attached videos/files for the Middle School you are going to attend. I will attach more as I receive them.
Stout Virtual Building Tour on Google Slides:
Stout Selecting an Elective:
Woodworth Virtual Tour on Google Slides:
Eid mubarak to everyone! I hope you all were able to celebrate with family and really enjoy the time together.
This week remember to:
- Complete 45 minutes of iReady with a success rate of 80% or more.
- Complete Math, Science, and Language Arts on Google Classroom
Unfortunately, I cannot do a live session this Tuesday, my internet and computer are being glitchy. I will hopefully be ready next week.
I will post a second post in a few minutes about middle school. So please refer to that.
It’s the week of Eid! I’m so excited! Bin and I will be making cards, baking cookies, and wrapping gifts.
This week please remember to complete:
- 45 minutes on iReady with at least 80%
- Math on Google Classroom
- Language Arts on Google Classroom
- Social Studies on Google Classroom
Meet me on Tuesday at 1 on iLearn for our class meeting. Please see previous iBlog post on how to log in.
We have only 3 weeks left! Let’s finish strong! I want everyone headed into the summer feeling like they accomplished a lot and are ready for middle school.
Love you all.
For anyone who needs to share with family:
Miller Elementary Gleaners Schedule 2020 11 A.M.
- Tuesday – June 2, 2020
- Tuesday – June 30, 2020
- Tuesday – July 28, 2020
- Tuesday – August 25, 2020
- Tuesday – September 22, 2020
This week I am stressing that you complete 45 minutes of iReady. Many are almost there, but stop right below the 45 minutes. If you can’t do it all in one day, chunk it. If not sit uninterrupted for 45 minutes and get it done!
There are also the Language Arts, Math, and Science Google Classroom Assignments. I skipped Social Studies in hope that everyone will finish iReady during that time.
Make sure to log into iLearn tomorrow to come to our meeting! Instructions are below on previous post.
We have only 30 days of online learning left! That’s 6 weeks of learning. I need everyone to try their hardest and make these last few weeks count.
- You are required to do 45 minutes of iReady a week. That should equal to about 2 lessons a week. We are aiming to pass them at 80% or more.
- You also need to complete your Language Arts, Math, Science, and Social Studies assignments on Google Classroom.
The weather is going to be decent this week. Take the opportunity to walk or play outside, but remember to practice safe social distancing with your neighbors.
Mr. Awada has emailed out the list of the Students of the Month!
I miss you all!
It’s a beautiful day and promises to be a decent weathered week.
Here’s a few reminders:
- You must complete at least 45 minutes of iReady a week. When doing this strive to pass your lessons with 80% accuracy. This will give you the greatest growth and prepare you for middle school.
- Reminder, you will be getting a last report card based on your online learning. So keep up with it all!
- Refer to our Google Classroom for your math, science, social studies, and writing assignments. Make sure to do the reading assigned for each. For math, watch the attached and linked videos. Always use your own words to answer the questions, trust me, I can tell when you copy an answer from the internet. Plus it doesn’t help you learn, and that’s what we’re trying to do.
- Keep up with our specials schedule, I am adding it to the bottom of this post. On days we normally would have science enrichment, visit Mrs. Burek’s blog and Google Classroom. Likewise for gym, art, and music.
- Mrs. Burek’s Google Classroom code: mueazua and her iBlog: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/burek/
- Ms. Doan Google Classroom code: lzmzpvc
- Mr. Loconsole iBlog: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/millerpe/
- Mrs. Saad’s Google Classroom code: W2v67w7 and her iBlog: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/saadn/
- Mrs. Elhaddi’s group can find her at her iBlog at https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/kaid/
- The district has disabled use of Google Meet, so our class will not meet on Wednesday. I do now know when it will be fixed, but for now I am looking at a new platform and will get back to you. I did add a second video on math assignment of myself teaching. Please watch it.
- The fifth grade team will be emptying your desks for you to pick up your stuff sometime in the coming weeks. Please make sure to bring back any LLI (reading books and reading bags) you may have borrowed. I will need those for next year. I will let you know the exact date.
I know that’s a LOT of information, but remember I love you and miss you, and right now you are safe and healthy. Let me know if you need anything. Have a great week!
Whisper whisper – Mother’s Day is coming up and if you have an idea what we can do as a class, email me!