- The card marking ends next Friday, March 16 2018
What are you currently reading in SSR? How many pages are you reading a week? Help your SSR class win a bagel and donut party to celebrate your success! Here’s how the competition works:
1) For the two week period of March 12-23rd, teachers will track how many pages are read by their SSR+ classes (in class only!) and complete a google doc form that will be sent on the 23rd. Class size will be taken into consideration, and the class with the highest average will win!
In addition, a second contest will take place in the library each week during the same time period:
2) Match the book to the reader!
Visit the library beginning next week and pick up a matching form that asks you to match the teacher to the book he/she is currently reading. Submit your completed form to the box on the library counter. There will be several prizes such as gift cards/food awards, and a winner will be drawn for each week.
Best of luck, and enjoy your reading!
If you are undecided about college and want to hear more about Henry Ford College, a rep will be here on Monday, March 12, 5th hour. You must sign up in the counseling office no later than this Friday, 2:15
Attention Seniors: Applications for the Edsel Ford Booster Club Scholarship are available in the Counseling Office & Student Office, pick one up today, the deadline is April 20th.
PTSA Scholarship Applications are available to pick up in both the counseling office and the student office. The deadline is April 11th.
Girls tennis will begin meeting daily starting on Monday March 12th @ 330p.
Weather permitting, they will meet at the tennis courts. Otherwise, meet in the hallway outside of the main gym.
Baseball tryouts will be Monday March 12 at 4:30 in the main gym.You will need a valid sports physical to tryout on Monday.
Spring Sports Start Monday March 12th. You will need a complete sports physical on file to tryout on that date. See Mr. Picano for a physical form.
The winter sports banquet is Monday March 12th. Please turn your forms into Mr. Picano by Friday March 9th. You can pick up a form from your coach.
Attention girls interested in playing soccer this spring: Soccer tryouts start Monday March 12th from 4:30-6:30pm Make sure you have a completed physical on file or with you. You can not try out without a physical. Be prepared to be outside on the turf field.If you have a ball please bring one.
“Neon Night will be held on March 23 @ 7:00 pm. Tickets will go on sale starting Monday, March 5th. TICKETS ARE $20.00. There will be no guest passes.
- Calling All Marching Thunderbirds! There will be a meeting for all parents and students interested in the 2018 Marching Band season Monday, March 12 at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium. Please come, get the information, and see what the band is all about!
- “The EFHS Musicians are hosting the second annual Spaghetti Dinner on Thursday, March 22. There will be outstanding performances by the band, orchestra, choir, and jazz band! Tickets are $10 or $5 for children 10 years and younger.Please see any band, orchestra or choir student to purchase.Thank you!
Do you want to earn $500 this summer for painting a mural with fellow Dearborn Students? Seniors and Juniors can apply to join the POP Design Team. Please see Ms. Patroniti or Ms. Daly in the Art Hall for an application. Applications are due March 16th.
T-SHIRT SALES & SPONSORSHIP
With the institution of School Wide Positive Behavior Intervention (PBIS) Support, any infraction that occurs requiring an assigned out of school suspension is considered a major offense. Any student that causes a major infraction resulting in an out of school suspension will not be allowed to participate or attend any school function. It is our philosophy that school events are designed for students that have not broken the rules and are in good standing academically and behaviorally. These events include all dances including prom, any celebration of achievement, and the senior barbeque. If a student is out of school suspended they are not allowed on school grounds or at any before or after school sponsored event while on suspension this does include away sporting events.