Hi Parents, Here is the weekly summary below. If you have any questions please let us know. Have a great night!
Mrs. Wheble/Bittar Remote Learning Plan
Below is a recap of our meetings we held today with guidance on how our remote learning will be held.
- Every week you will be receiving a new packet in the mail. The packets will contain: Science, ELA, Math and Social Studies. The schedule for work will be as follows:
- Monday: We will post Science and Socials Studies in CLASS DOJO. We will introduce the chapters, work on vocabulary and read the text in a video for students to watch. They can watch this video multiple times throughout the week.
- Tuesday: We will be teaching live in GOOGLE MEETS. We will be teaching ELA and Math. Students should not start any of the Math or ELA worksheets in their packets until after our google meet. We will do some of the worksheets with them together as a class. Then throughout the rest of the week, they can finish the entire packet.
- Wednesday. We will post Science and Social Studies in CLASS DOJO. We will review the chapter and do the comprehension questions. Students can have their worksheets and participate along with us as they watch the video.
- Friday. We will post Science and Social Studies in CLASS DOJO. We will review and read the quiz aloud to the students. We will not be posting answers. Please take a picture of the students quiz, after they finish so we can use this for data. Please email or text pictures to email@example.com or 734-559-4851. It is important to not help them with the answers and let them choose their answers independently.
Other Providers schedules is as follows:
- Leslie Adadow (Social Worker) will be live via GOOGLE MEETS at 2 pm.
- Carolyn Burnett (Occupational Therapist) will be posting on CLASS DOJO.
- Emily Gallery (Speech Therapist) will be live with Black/Yellow GOOGLE MEETS
- Emily Gallery (Speech Therapist) will be posting on CLASS DOJO
- Colleen Cook (Gym Teacher) will be teaching live with students at 1 pm in GOOGLE MEETS (this week 4/22 will be at 2:30 pm)
- Leslie Adadow (Social Worker) will be posting on CLASS DOJO
- Colleen Cook (Gym Teacher) will be posting on CLASS DOJO
Google Meets Grid View Instructions
- To install
- go to google and type in the search engine “Google Meet Grid View”
- Click on the first link that pops up
- Then click on Add To Chrome.
Using Grid View
- Now that the grid view extension is installed, anytime you are in Google Meet you will now see a new button in the top right corner of the screen. (next to the people and chat buttons.)
- Simply click on this button to turn Grid View on or off. Once you turn it on you will now see all the participants in the meeting.
There are a few options you can adjust in the drop-down menu below the button.
- “Only show participants with video” – If you check this box then Grid View will not show anyone who has turned off their webcam or who doesn’t have a camera to begin with.
- “Highlight speakers” – If you check this box then anytime someone is speaking, a yellow box will appear around their them in the grid. This can help make it easier to see who is talking.
- “Include yourself in the grid” – You can check or uncheck this if you want to see yourself as well or not.
Here is a video showing you how to install this if you need additional assistance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BELS3jX2tmw