Good morning friends at home!!
Rise and shine! Today is the 1st day of school! I will be meeting a few of you at school and the rest of you sometime this week. The ones that are home , please write a summary about your summer break and turn it in to my email: email@example.com. You have till 12 o’clock in the afternoon to complete your assignments.Turning in your work will be your attendance. If you don’t turn in your assignment , you will be marked absent. Please turn in your assignment . I can’t wait to read all about your summer break!
See you soon!
Today 8/31/2020 is the first day of school! How exciting!!! I am very excited to meet all of you! Parents who have received a phone call from me to meet on Monday will be expected to show up on the time scheduled. The rest of my students/parents will be receiving a phone call soon.
I will be in the small playground. Look for my poster and make your way towards me. I will have all of your materials ready to start the year! The rest of you will need to log into my blog and complete the assignment posted. Please complete the assignment and turn it in via email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Again, I can’t wait to meet you all!!
Hello Oakman Families!
Welcome to 4th/5th grade! My name is Ms. Logel and I will be your child’s teacher this year.
Although this year will look different than years past, the whole Oakman team and myself are committed to working together to make sure that your child has a positive educational experience. We will accomplish this through the use of strong curriculum, relationship building and consistent communication. Please know that I am here to support your child in any way I can to help make this a successful and fun year! We are a team, and we can do this together!
Please read through the following information thoroughly to ensure a smooth start to the school year.
- The first week of school: August 31st – September 3rd 8:55am to 12:00pm.
- The primary goals this week are
1) To get to know each student.
2) Teach students and parents the new technology tools.
3) Explain student and parent expectations.
4) Material pickup from school (books, chromes, supplies/supply lists)
- Attendance: Student attendance is mandatory and counted at all live sessions. If your child is ill or otherwise unable to attend a live session, please email the teacher as soon as possible so that they may be excused. If the teacher is not informed it will be an unexcused absence. Live sessions are an important part of your child’s learning and cannot be made up at a later time.
- Grading: Students will be graded using the Dearborn grading scale (1-4). Students will be expected to complete work on time and to the best of their ability. Please contact your child’s teacher right away if you are having trouble completing assignments or experiencing technical difficulties so that the Oakman team may be of assistance.
- Family-School Communication:All school-wide communications will be posted regularly through:
- Oakman blog (click here to subscribe). It is highly recommended that all Oakman families subscribe to the school blog if they are not already.
- Email or robocalls
- Schoology: To sign into a Chromebook, students use their district credentials:
- – User Name = Student Number
- – Password = whatever they set it as last year, we did NOT change any passwords. New students will have their passwords set to their birthday (MMDDYYYY) as per MiStar.
- Students can access Schoology from the Student Portal on the district web site (Staff can use the Staff Portal).
- *Students using district issued Chromebooks will have two tabs open upon start up, the district student portal page AND the Schoology page.
- District Blog (click here to subscribe)
- Please make sure that your contact information is updated and correct in Parent Connect to ensure that you receive all emails and phone calls. You may also call Ms. Amged for help (9am-1pm).
- Please subscribe to my blog: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/logelp4/
Thank you for being a partner in your child’s education!
Good morning. I hope you’re all safe and healthy. Here’s a letter from Mr. Abu-Rus about this upcoming school year:
Dear Oakman Parents,
Based on the approved return plan from the board of education last night, registration for the Virtual Learning Program ( VLP) will take place tomorrow at Oakman school between the hours of 9:00-12:00 & 1:00-3:00. If you want your child to be returning to school online only for the upcoming school year, then please come to school on Wednesday to fill out the program application . This is only for parents who do not wish to send their children to school in-person and the whole year will be online. The principal and some staff members will be assisting those who choose this option tomorrow at Oakman school in the cafeteria . Please wear your mask and adhere to social distancing norms of 6 feet apart. If you have more than one child and you wish to enroll all of them into the program, you may also do so at Oakman in one stop.
Thank you and have a nice Tuesday.
The year has ended and summer break is here!!! Have fun, be safe and read everyday!!
Today I would like to come by and say “See you next school Year” and drop off a little something to show you how I appreciated all your hard work during this pandemic.
Thank you to all the parents who reached out and supported their child and myself!!!
Thank you to those who helped me at times when I needed to know if classwork was assigned on Zearn, study Island, etc…
Thank you to all the parents who made this difficult learning time a breeze.
Thank you for all the laughter and kind words that were shared with me! You made my days and nights! 💛
You are greatly appreciated and we couldn’t do it without you!!
Have a wonderful and safe summer! 💛💛
There are times in each of our lives that mark particularly special occasions. Today is such an occasion. Today you can say I’ve finished my elementary school phase!
Here at Oakman Elementary, you took the first of many important steps in your lives. Here you have learned skills and developed talents. Those skills and talents will be the foundation for whatever you achieve or learn in the future. You will build on them and find out many more fascinating things about you and life surrounding you. The skills you have mastered here will last you for the rest of your lives.
Today is a special day for you and for your family. Today you have every reason to be proud of all the skills you have mastered because with them you will be able to succeed in doing even more. I don’t know what the future holds for you! Yet I have no doubt that each and every one of you has the potential to do something special with your lives. You see, each one of you is already a very special and unique person! While you have been here, you have learned not just math, science and the other subjects; you have begun to learn and to take part in the society around you. You have learned many varied skills, from sports through to singing. Here you began to be the wonderful creative beings that you will one day fulfil! You have begun to form opinions and learned how to behave towards each other. You have formed friendships that, hopefully, will continue for the rest of your lives.
Oakman Lions, You have been excellent students and we are sorry to see you leave. Yet we know that it is in the nature of things for you to grow up and to move on. We hope that you will remember your years here fondly and that you remember your teachers equally fondly.
Today, I give you the same blessing as Christopher Columbus was undoubtedly given many years ago when he set sail to discover a new world. May your seas be calm seas, may the wind that fills your sails be a following wind and may God bless each one of you on your voyage through life.
5th Grade Promotion Video