8th Grade ELA
CCR sheet includes:
-Response to all CCR questions
-6 Vocabulary words defined
FINAL EXAM REVIEW
SIMPLE, COMPOUND, COMPLEX & COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES
PARTS OF SPEECH
FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON
EXTRA CREDIT OPPORTUNITY
A link to Mrs. Houssaiky’s Blog: https://iblog.dearbornschools.org/houssaiky/
Outsiders Chapter 1-6 Vocab Quiz
Audio Book Chapters: https://misslewisreading.weebly.com/the-outsiders-audio-chapters.html
Audio Book #2: https://monteromyp2english.wikispaces.com/Audio+The+Outsiders
Southern Poverty Law Center —>Hate Map
A Brief History
The Auschwitz Album
Tour of the Secret Annex
Study Guide distributed on Fri. Mar. 4th, 2016 Due on Monday
Click Here—> Cultural Identity Collage
Vocab Map Word List:
M-step Argumentative Essay
Grade 8 Argumentative Performance Task: Penny
Paraphrase all 4 sources (articles)
Complete Part 1: Assessment Items (pg. 8)
- Create a Timeline to illustrate the stops of The Underground Railroad from the plantation to Canada.
- Identify the stop location by name, location and important names at each stop.
- Write a detailed description of significant information for each location, using at least one of the vocabulary words in context. Highlight the 8 vocabulary words on your poster.
- Include an appropriate illustration for each panel.
- Include a Map Key
- Harriet Tubman Vocab Map
- Harriet Tubman CCR Sheet
- HarrietTubman Booklet
- William Still Story Google Quiz
Practice. Practice. Practice!
Jan. 14th, 2016 Group Assignment 30 pts
With Table Group: Using the same directions from below, write a story together.
(The story can’t use more than one sentence from each person’s paper).
Jan. 13th, 2016 HOMEWORK 20 pts
Independently: Write a short story using one simple, one compound, one complex, and one compound/complex sentence. Story must have an interjection.
- Skip Lines
- Label the types of sentences in the blank space above your sentence.
Jan. 11th, 2016 8 Parts of Speech
Jan. 6th, 2016 Types of Sentences Homework
Notes Slides: Simple-Compound-and-Complex-Sentences-in
- Write 10 Simple Sentences – underline the simple subject, circle the verb.
- Write 10 Compound Sentences- underline the simple subjects, circle the conjunction (FANBOY).
Dec. 14, 2015 I AM Poem
Front Page I AM POEM PART 1
Back Page I AM POEM PART 2
Dec. 1, 2015 The Hitchhiker Pg. 92
Homework: The HItchhiker CCR Sheet
Nov. 23, 2015 Poetic Devices in Katy Perry- Firework Lyrics
Nov. 2, 2015 The Raven_FULL TEXT
– Assignments: 1) Poetic Devices_Vocab Map
The Raven: A Literary Analysis
Click Here–> Poetic Devices_Power Point Slides
Test Yourself–> Poetic Devices Test- Quizlet
Oct. 27, 2015 The Monkeys Paw_FULL TEXT
– Assignments: – C.C.R (A-H) & Vocab
Oct. 14, 2015 The Tell Tale Heart Full Text
– Assignments: – C.C.R & Vocab Map_T.T HEART
Oct. 12, 2015 The Lesson of the Moth & Identity Poem Full Text
Assignments: – C.C.R & T2T
Oct. 6, 2015 Us and Them FULL TEXT
Assignments: – C.C.R & Us & Them Vocab Map
– Types of Irony Notes: Irony Notes PowerPoint
Assignments: – Story Map/Plot Diagram
– Vocab Maps
– C.C.R Questions
Sept. 10, 2015 Vision Board Slides
Practice. Practice. Practice.
Final Exam Quizlet – Figurative Language
ANSWER KEY– Practice Test
1) Due Mon. Jun.1st Plot Diagram- Group Activity
In your literature circle, all members will collaboratively create a Plot Diagram for The Breadwinner, on a large poster board. Details will be discussed in class.
2) Due Tues. Jun. 2nd The Sequel- Independent Activity
The conclusion of The Breadwinner presents a cliffhanger – the perfect invitation for an exciting sequel to be written continuing Parvana’s adventures. Deborah Ellis, in fact, has written a sequel to this novel entitled Parvana’s Journey. Describe what you think will happen to Parvana and her family in the sequel to The Breadwinner. Write the first chapter of your own sequel to The Breadwinner and then a brief summary of the rest of your book.
M-Step Prep – Performance Task: Penny
M-Step Essay Homework
One page typed and due by
The Diary of Anne Frank
Harriet Tubman Full Story
Topics to Review:
1) Types of Sentences: Simple, Compound, Complex & Compound-Complex: Simple-Compound-and-Complex-Sentences-in
2) 8 Parts of Speech: Parts of Speech Notes
3) Kinds of Sentences: Kinds-of-Sentences-Flash-Cards (1)
Copy & Paste for Prezi:
The Big Question