Handout: Cardio Yoga Flow; ABC Workout of the Day
Today you will begin with yoga from Kids Work It Out. Then there is a great HIIT video designed for the whole family, and finally finish with our ABC Workout of the Day!
- Today’s Cardio Yoga Flow from Kids Work It Out, focuses not only exercising our hearts, but also demonstrates mindful breathing as a tool that can calm ourselves during stressful situations.
○ https://youtu.be/G4yYtHTeQa0 (Time: 7:03)
- Now take advantage of a HIIT workout that is designed just for kids. Follow along to the prompts. You might need to add your own music to this one so we also gave you a couple of suggestions.
○ https://youtu.be/0_2gU2E0HOQ (Time 7:24)
• Hip Hop F.E.E.T from Hip Hop Public Health (Music Track 1)
• Beautiful from Hip Hop Public Health (Music Track 2)
- Finish the day, with the ABC Workout of the Day. Instead of the site word sheet this week, spell out the word STRONG and PERSEVERE.
○ Check out the workout handout here: ABC Workout of the Day
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
Today we’re going to discuss Vitamin C and its benefits. Vitamin C is very helpful in boosting your immune system. Did you also know that Vitamin C helps with the absorption of iron, promotes wound healing and helps maintain cartilage, bones, and teeth.
As we try to build out healthy snacks this week, keep in mind the food below that will not only add variety to your family’s diet but will also provide a daily dose of Vitamin C.
Try one of these foods to get your daily dose of Vitamin C:
• citrus fruits, like oranges
• kiwi fruit
• sweet red peppers
For creating snacks with more vitamin density check out 10 tips for kid-friendly veggie and fruit snacks! Also, find all the hidden food words in this word search!