Author Archives: Mrs. Fatima Al Raishouni
6th Grade Keyboarding Virtual Meeting Code
Virtual Meetings Week 2
I hope you all are safe and in good health. Just a reminder that this week I will be holding virtual meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please check below for your meeting time. Please keep in mind that while you are in the meeting, your microphone must be off and your camera must be on. Meeting codes will be posted here 5-10 minutes prior to your meeting.
I look forward to meeting with you all.
6th Grade Keyboarding: Tuesday 11:30am-12:00pm
7th/8th Grade Computer Apps: Tuesday 12:00pm-12:30pm
8th Grade Multimedia: Wednesday 2:00pm-2:30pm
Student Instructions for Joining Virtual Meeting
Please follow the below instructions to join the meeting set for your class. I will always post meeting codes/nicknames 5-10 minutes prior to our meeting on your class page.
- You must be logged in to your school account (Dearborn Schools).
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Join a meeting.
- Enter a meeting nickname.
Note: You can use a phone to join, BUT you will need to download the Hangouts Meet APP (not google hangouts) on the phone. It is easier if you join from a computer though.
Visual Meetings Starting on April 13, 2020
on Monday, April 13th, I will begin holding visual meetings via Google Hangout for all my classes. Each meeting will last for 30 minutes and occur once every week until the end of the school year. This is a chance for us all to connect for learning while remaining socially distant. We will be using this space to collaborate with one another, discuss thoughts and ideas related to our work, and interact.
Please adhere to the following during our meeting so that we can get through our meeting smoothly and effectively.
- All student should mute microphones during instruction. When a question is asked, I will choose which student should answer, at which point that student’s microphone is unmuted. I can’t teach effectively with multiple microphones on at once.
- Please be respectful to your fellow classmates, including myself, during our meeting. This means: wait to be called on to speak, respond to peers and teachers questions, comments or concerns in a way so as to give and elicit positive and purposeful responses, etc.
- When our meeting has come to an end, you are to exit immediately. I will and should be the last individual to leave the meeting.
Note: parents are welcome to join the class meeting when possible. The presence of an authoritative adult is sometimes enough to keep students engaged and attentive. This might be exceptionally difficult for many parents given the present circumstances of our country, but if it is possible your presence would be greatly helpful and appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Meetings will take place at the following times, each week. Each meeting is for a different class I teach, not all. Pay attention to the class name beside the time. When we are scheduled to meet, I will post the meeting code on your class’s page in my iBlog 5-10 minutes prior.
6th Grade Keyboarding: Tuesdays, 11:30am-12:00pm
7th Grade Computer Apps: Tuesdays, 12:05pm-12:35pm
8th Grade Computer Apps: Friday, 12:30pm-1:00pm
8th Grade Multimedia: Wednesdays, 2:00pm-2:30pm
I look forward to meeting with you all.
Mrs. Al Raishouni
Food Distribution During Spring Break
During Spring Break, lunch and breakfast distribution will continue at Fordson High School. You can also go pick up breakfast and lunch at Unis Middle school, Woodworth Middle school and Salina School.
Spring Break schedule: April 6 to April 10. Only on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. From 10am to 12pm.
Fun Art to do at Home
Mrs. Kruger has been making video tutorials for students the past few weeks of different art projects to do at home with minimal art supplies. They are a great way to relieve some stress and channel energy into positive things. Also great activities to be busy with.
Check them out by selecting the links below. I’m sure you will find them enjoyable and comforting.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5zbUUfD4gI – fold up “squash books”
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ByIJVW8-o&t=53s – homemade ‘play doh’ (add some food coloring if you have for colored dough)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNG7bMJvVWc&t=194s – bubble painting
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCVRCzpj7bw&t=64s – drawing outside
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZD9GSSLJfw&feature=youtu.be – Nature Art sculptures
Message to Parents
Parents, please keep your kids at home. During the mandated shut down, all school playgrounds and athletic fields will be closed to the public. If you are found on the property you will be asked to leave. Please stay at home! Do not visit friends and family! Stay healthy and stay safe!