Hello Oakman Families!
Welcome to first grade! My name is Mrs. Sheridan (formally Ms. Younce) and I will be your child’s teacher this year. Mrs. Elmoussaoui will be our student teacher for the first half of the school year.
It is exciting to be back in the building as a whole class! The whole Oakman team and myself are committed to working together to make sure that your child has a positive educational experience. We will accomplish this through the use of strong curriculum, relationship building and consistent communication. Please know that I am here to support your child in any way I can to help make this a successful and fun year! We are a team and we can do this together!
- Attendance: Student attendance is mandatory and counted daily, both morning and afternoon. If your child is ill or otherwise unable to attend, please call the office and email me as soon as possible so that they may be excused. If the office is not informed, it will be an unexcused absence. Attendance is an important part of your child’s learning and cannot be made up at a later time.
- Grading: Students will be graded using the Dearborn grading scale (1-4). Students will be expected to complete work on time and to the best of their ability. Please contact me as soon as possible, either on ClassDojo or through email if you are unable to complete practice work with your child at home and I will do my best to assist you in understanding the content.
- Family-School Communication: All school-wide communications will be posted regularly through:
- Ms. Younces blog (click here to subscribe). It is highly recommended that all families subscribe to their teacher’s blog if they are not already.
- Oakman blog (click here to subscribe). It is highly recommended that all Oakman families subscribe to the school blog if they are not already.
- Email or robocalls
- District Blog (click here to subscribe)
- Please make sure that your contact information is updated and correct in Parent Connect to ensure that you receive all emails and phone calls. You may also call Ms. Amged for help (9am-1pm).
- ClassDojo (click here to subscribe). It is highly recommended that all families subscribe to have updates on their child and easy communication.
This year I look forward to collaborating with your child to ensure a positive and successful academic outcome for your child. If you have any questions or concerns during the year, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for being a partner in your child’s education!
Mrs. Sheridan & Mrs. Elmoussaoui