Welcome back! Hoping everyone had a great 4 day weekend 🙂 I am sad that summer is over, but happy for weather that is a little cooler in the weeks to come. It is so much easier to walk our dogs at night!
Reminders for the upcoming week:
- Please read the syllabus that was sent home last week. The bottom part needs to be signed by students AND parents, and returned to Mrs. Thompson.
- OUR FIRST ASSIGNMENT, THE SELFIE PROJECT, IS DUE FRIDAY 9/13. The assignment, and examples, were discussed in class on Thursday, 8/29.
- We will be doing NWEA Reading testing this week! Be sure to bring a silent reading book to class.
- We will be doing NWEA Language testing the week of September 16th.
- Library time is scheduled every Friday. I am happy to send students to the library before Friday if it is needed.
- Students may check out 3 library books at one time.
- Students must have a barcode on their planner to check out a book until we have student ID’s.
- We will continue to practice opening lockers; backpacks need to go in lockers and stay there!!!!
- One pagers were due Thursday, August 29th. Any student who did not submit one will receive a 0 for the assignment.
- Students who DID NOT attend a Dearborn elementary last year DO NOT have to complete the One Pager assignment.
- We have a student from Wayne State University with us for the entire school year! She will be doing her pre student teaching this semester (so observing, working in small groups, helping with planning, presenting 4 lessons) and her student teaching in the second half of the school year.
- Email is the best way to contact me. My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please check Student Connect and Parent connect frequently. Parent Connect requires a PIN number and a Password to login. Student Connect requires a username and a password to login.
Below is a Google Calendar. It is updated with each blog post and shows assignment due dates and upcoming events. Assignment due dates can also be found in Google Classroom and on the board in H4.