Thanks for signing up for PTA! We enjoyed our cider and donuts this afternoon!!
Just a few things:
- Tomorrow is our second spelling test. Please study tonight and take a practice test.
- Weekly fluency homework is due tomorrow, don’t forget to read, color the boxes, and sign at the bottom. Our first Weekly Writing assignment is due tomorrow as well.
- Zearn info and logins are going home today. Please read the attached note.
- Tomorrow is a half day, 12:05 dismissal. Don’t forget a snack!
- The field trip schedule and assigned groups are coming home today. Please make sure to bring this paper to the field trip on Tuesday! It has your schedule, where you need to be at what time, and the reminders for dress/lunch.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. This week October 3-7th:
- Guess what?! Everyone in the class scored 100% on our first spelling test on Friday!! I am so proud of our class. Let’s keep this going. New spelling words went home Friday (short i), test is this Friday. Fluency homework for the week is coming home today. Have your child read the sentences three times each day and color the boxes. Don’t forget to sign it too.
- September reading logs were due today and October logs are going home.
- Awesome job to those of you that signed up for PTA. Our class won cider and donuts for this Thursday!!! You can still sign up anytime for PTA.
- This Friday is a half day for students. Dismissal is at 12:05. Don’t forget to bring a snack.
- This week in math we will be completing lessons 18-21.
- We start Weekly Writing homework in October. Going home today your child will get a list of writing topics. Each week they will choose a topic and write about it (be sure to follow the guidelines at the bottom of the page). Writing is due each Friday. Students may need a little help with this but it is their writing and they should be trying their best to spell the words themselves. Please do not do it for them or spell any words for them. It will not be perfect and that’s ok, they are still learning 🙂 Students will receive a writing grade each week for their homework.
- Students have been learning about bullying in Second Step. Homework is going home today.
- Don’t forget our field trip is next Tuesday. More detailed info will be sent home at the end of the week.
Have a lovely week :))
I hope everyone is doing well. Just a few things:
- Tomorrow is our first spelling test. We have been working hard practicing our words all week. Please use the study sheet going home today to practice for the test. A practice test at home would be a good idea too.
- Fluency homework (sent home on Monday) is due tomorrow. Please make sure there is a parent signature at the bottom of each day.
- September reading logs are due on Monday.
- Tomorrow is the last day for our class to earn cider and donuts for PTA participation. We need one more family to sign up! If you haven’t already, please join the PTA. Forms were sent home earlier this month.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. This week September 26-30th:
- This week we start our first unit in our reading Benchmark curriculum. The spelling words were sent home on Friday (see previous post for more info). The test will be this Friday. Please have your child study their words at home.
- Going home today is a short fluency homework page that goes with our first unit. Each Monday this will go home, it is due on Friday. Each day have your child read the sentences three times and color the boxes at the bottom for each day and sign it. This provides quick and easy practice with repetition to help your child develop fluency while practicing our phonics skill and words for the week.
- This week in math we will be completing lessons 13-17.
- With the changing weather please be sure your child is dressed appropriately each day. We will continue to go outside for recess everyday.
- FYI, Parents must sign their late students in when they arrive. The sign in book is in the lobby. Parents CANNOT go to the classrooms.
- Last call to sign up for PTA! Our class is currently at 52% signed up. Please sign up if you haven’t already 🙂
Have a wonderful week!
In your child’s folder today is a paper that says, This Week’s Focus. This paper will be going home every Friday and shows what we will be covering for the following week in our reading Benchmark curriculum. Next week we start unit 1. The spelling words and high frequency words are starred on the sheet. These are the words that your child will be tested on each Friday. Please have them study throughout the week. The words will always also be listed at the top spelling word tab of the blog. There is also a tab at the top of the blog with spelling/sight word practice activities to do at home with your child if you would like. The words start off fairly easy in the beginning but the spelling patterns will get progressively more difficult. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Enjoy your weekend!
I am sending home last minute permission slips and ichat volunteer forms in red folders today. If you get one please return it to me by Friday or email and let me know you will not be attending the field trip. Both forms must be completed to attend the field trip.
Field trip info- This is an all day field trip on Tuesday, October 11th. We are supposed to be there at 9:50 am and classes start promptly at 10 am. We have a nature hike, animal adventure class, farm tour, and pumpkin program on that day! The three classes that are going (kindergarten/1st/2nd) will be split up evenly into four groups. More will come about that. We should finish at Kensington no later than 2:30 pm so everyone can make it back in time to pick up siblings. Please remember every child must have their own parent chaperone them! We are also NOT allowed to have younger siblings attend because this is a district paid field trip. More information will be coming in October…. but we wanted you to know some of the details so you can plan ahead.
Today is the pickup for our Mums in the back parking lot between 2 pm and dismissal.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. This week September 19-23:
- This Wednesday the 21st is our first late start of the school year. School will start an hour later at 9:55.
- Awesome job to those of you that have joined the PTA! Currently our class is at 52% participation. Please support our school and join the PTA. We would also like to earn donuts and cider for our class too! Please join by before this Friday.
- The PTA flower fundraiser comes in tomorrow. Keep an eye out for more info posted later today or tomorrow.
- If you have a Chromebook that was issued to you from Howe School you will need bring the computer back to school to have it reactivated and checked out to your student. All computers that have not been checked out have been disabled at the district level and can no longer connect to the internet until we update them. Thank you!
- Field trip permission slips are due this Friday. The trip is free, you will only need $10 the day of for parking. Please send me a quick email if your child will not be attending the trip.
- This week in math we will be completing lessons 8-12.
- I have noticed many of you have visited Raz Kids and have taken the placement test and have started reading. Way to go! Raz kids is an excellent reading tool for your child to read books at his/her level at home. Keep it up!
Have a great week 🙂
I hope everyone had a great weekend. This week September 12-16:
- Reminder, our NWEA computer reading and math tests are this week on Tuesday and Thursday.
- This Friday is a half day for students, 12:05 dismissal.
- Going home today is the field trip permission slip. It is due September 23rd. Some of you will also be getting a chaperone form that has to be returned with a copy of your driver’s license ASAP.
- PTA flower fundraisers are due tomorrow. The last page and money are due. No late orders will be accepted.
- Don’t forget to sign up for the PTA. Get those forms sent in! Please attend our first PTA meeting this Thursday.
September PTA meeting is this Thursday, 9/15/22, via zoom, at 6:00pm.
Topic: PTA Meeting September
Time: Sep 15, 2022 06:00 PM
Join Zoom Meetinghttps://tgc.zoom.us/j/8596921162
Meeting ID: 859 692 1162One tap mobile+13126266799,,8596921162# US (Chicago)
- This week in math we will be completing lessons 4-7.
- There has been some discussion about the student dress code. Per the handbook, students should dress modestly and avoid distracting influences. Shorts should go past students fingertips when arms are at their sides and no bare stomachs should be shown. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.
- We now have 22 students in our class! Please keep that in mind for birthdays.
- Happy September birthdays to Amira and Anesa (today), Aiden (tomorrow), and Lena (16th)!!
Have a lovely week!