I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and are looking forward to a short week. This week May 23-26:
- There is no school Friday, May 27 – Monday, May 30 for Memorial Day.
- Due to the short week we will be having our spelling test on Thursday this week. Please study!
- There is a new Benchmark assignment this week. Please play the games, read the two books and make a list of all the words with wr, kn, gn.
- We will be finishing up math module 4 this week. We will take the test on Thursday.
Have a nice week!
PTA meeting on Tonight at 6pm.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 926 2330 9468
Tomorrow all students will participate in a special soccer clinic outside for 45 minutes. Please be sure your child has appropriate shoes to run around in, have a water bottle, and are dressed for the weather.
Also don’t forget we are taking the reading NWEA test in the morning. Have a good evening!
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! This week May 16 – 20:
- This week we will do our last round of NWEA testing for this school year. We will take the math test tomorrow morning and the reading test Thursday morning. As always, please talk to your child about the importance of test taking, have a healthy breakfast, and a good night’s sleep.
- This week in math we will be completing lessons 24-27.
- There is a new assignment in Benchmark this week. Please play the games and read the two books and make a list of all the oo words.
- Zoo permission slips and money are due next Monday the 23rd.
- Happy May birthdays to Hamza (17th) and Lilia (31st)!!
Have a good week!!
I hope everyone had a great weekend and Mother’s Day! This week May 9 – 13:
- This Wednesday, the 11th is our last late start of the school year. School starts at 9:55.
- There is a new assignment in Benchmark this week, please play the games and read the two books and make a list of the words with oi and oy.
- This week in math we will be completing module 4 lessons 19-23.
- The Color Run is this Thursday! Info was sent home last week. Permission slips are due back tomorrow. I only have about half of the class’s permission slips. The class with the most pledges will win an ice cream party! Parents are encouraged to come and participate. Mr. Borg is also looking for volunteers to help. It will start about 3:15.
- We are on our last box of tissues. If a few could be so kind to donate a box it will get us through the end of the school year. Thanks so much!
- A yellow permission slip is going home today for our last field trip of the school year on June 8th. We are going to the zoo! There is no bus for this trip, a chaperone must drive and attend the trip with their child. Permission slips and money are due by Monday, May 23rd. More detailed info will be sent home closer to the field trip.
Have a great week!!
We’ve had a very busy short week so far! Here’s some important info and some reminders:
- Tomorrow is popcorn day! Bring in $1 for popcorn.
- Color Run! Info was sent home yesterday. PTA is having a color run around our school on Thursday, May 12th! We are asking your child to ask family and friends to pledge money for them to run laps around the school. Each lap they complete they will be “blasted” (gently thrown) color at! 🙂 It is a lot of fun and great exercise! The class who raises the most money wins an ice cream party! PTA supports our school in many ways: New books for the classroom, trunk or treat night, help with field trip costs, March is reading month prizes, and much more! Please help us raise some money so we can have just as much fun next school year! Permission slip on the bottom of the first page is due ASAP! Pledge form and money are due on Thursday, May 12th (please send in red folders that morning). Cash or checks made payable to Howe School PTA should be included with the pledge sheet.
- Our Mother’s Day event is tomorrow! We have all worked so hard on this and hope you enjoy. Please come to the playground door, we will start letting everyone in at 2:20, please do not ring the bell as we will be setting up. Please have your child wear nicer clothes tomorrow for some photo ops. Please do not bring younger siblings. We will start at 2:35, please do not be late 🙂 See you tomorrow!
I hope everyone is doing well! Just a few things:
- There is no school Monday and Tuesday. There will be no spelling words or test next week, we will be reviewing.
- If you haven’t turned in your April reading log, please do so on Wednesday.
- If you haven’t already, please let me know as soon as possible if your child or you cannot attend our event next Friday at 2:30.
Enjoy your long weekend! Eid Mubarak to those that celebrate 🙂