For the field trip, the total is $22 for your child and their chaperone. Please send in the money and the permission slip together. I will not collect it until it is complete.
Please remember to return the home income reports to school. These forms help with our building funding. If you need more forms I have attached them for your convenience. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tiYm_v5QlwqvYJxVST_tM9g8WYLHsuxn/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=103972119629892528134&rtpof=true&sd=true
I hope everyone had a good weekend. This week September 20th – 24th:
- We finished taking our fall NWEA (except for a couple makeups). Everyone did a great job! Scores will be discussed with you at conferences in November.
- Field trip permission slips will be sent home tomorrow and will be due back October 11th.
- This week we will be completing math lessons 11-15. Please do your best to have your child work on the corresponding math homework lessons when they can.
- If your child is sick, cough, runny nose, etc. please keep them home to get better so germs do not spread to others.
Have a great week!!
I hope everyone is doing well. The class did great on their test today! Just a few things for now:
- The PTA meeting is tonight at 6pm via zoom. Please join if you can. Here is the login info:
Zoom Information: https://tgc.zoom.us/j/99364605641?pwd=b28wZnlFb2xhU1AwS1BTaXp3Z25HQT09
Meeting ID: 993 6460 5641
- Tomorrow is a half day, 12:05 dismissal. No lunch tomorrow but please pack a snack for your child.
- Thanks to those of you that ordered Scholastic books. Our class total was almost $200, which allowed us to get several free books for our classroom! Way to go!
- Guess what?! We booked our first field trip of the school year! We will be going to Wiard’s Orchard for a day of fun on October 20th. We will be going with kindergarten and second grade. Each child is required to have a chaperone drive them and stay with them on the trip. So please get those volunteer forms turned in ASAP. They are required before attending any field trips. Permission slip will be going home soon too.
Have a lovely day :))
Please note that the half day dismissal for Friday is 12:05, not 12:55. I apologize for accidentally writing 12:55 on yesterday’s blog post.
In first grade, students take the NWEA computer test in reading three times a year and in math twice a year. It is all on the computer and tests students in a wide variety of different topics to see what they know. If your child was in the district last year they took the NWEA. We will complete our Fall NWEA testing this Thursday morning (math) and next Monday morning (reading). Please be sure your child is in school those days and on time. Also be sure they eat a healthy breakfast. For more info on the NWEA, please click the NWEA FAQ’s tab at the top of my blog on the main screen.
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. Here are a few important items for this week:
- We have a late start Wednesday, school starts an hour later. We have a half day on Friday, dismissal is at 12:55.
- Thanks to those of you that have signed up for the PTA! There is a PTA meeting Thursday at 6pm via zoom. See the second page of the PTA paper sent home last week for more info.
- Scholastic book orders are due by Wednesday. I will place the order Thursday morning.
- Please call the school office and leave a message when your child will not be in school. A quick email to me is also appreciated.
- We do have a wheat/nut allergy in our classroom. Please be mindful of this when packing lunch, snacks, and birthday treats.
- This week we will be completing math lessons 7-10 (no lesson on the half day). So you can keep up and follow along in the Succeed math homework book.
- Fall NWEA testing is fast approaching. I hope to have our class test starting this week. Specific dates and details will be sent tomorrow.
Have a wonderful week :))
We had a great second week of school! I enjoyed meeting and talking with all of you at Open House 🙂
Just a few things…
- PTA forms are coming home today. If you haven’t already, please consider joining our wonderful PTA. They do so much for our school and could use all the extra support they can get!
- We got a new student yesterday! We would like to welcome Hope to our class. So we now have 24 students.
- We’d like to wish a happy birthday to Anna (last Friday) and Malak Salmassi (today)!!
- Next week there is a late start on Wednesday. School starts one hour later. We also have a half day on Friday, dismissal is at 12:05.
- There is also a PTA meeting on Thursday at 6pm via zoom.
- Thanks to those of you that have turned in all the beginning of the year forms. If you haven’t yet, please do so next week.
Have a great weekend!
I hope everyone is doing well.
A few things are going home today in your child’s folder. I didn’t want to pass them out tonight at Open House because I wanted to make sure everyone gets one and then you can let me know if you have any questions.
- I’m sending a note with information about certain procedures and things we do in first grade. Please read it carefully and return the back page to me tomorrow.
- I’m sending a Volunteer and Chaperone form. This must be completed by everyone (front and back) and returned to the school before parents can attend any field trip, which we do plan on having this year. You must also attach a copy of your driver’s license.
- I’m also sending home the first Scholastic book order form. I will send book orders home once a month. Ordering books is an excellent way to build your child’s home library as well as helping our class earn free books!
Hope to see you all at Open House tonight 🙂
Please join us this Wednesday, September 8th for Meet the Teacher Night. The Open House event will take place in the parking lot area in the back of the school between 6:00-7:30 pm. Our PTA has sponsored the Kona Ice Truck to provide a refreshing treat between 6:00-7:00 while you have the opportunity to meet the Howe School Staff. The event will take place outside to allow for a safer gathering and so families have the flexibility to come and go as you please. Masks are not required for outdoor events, but it is important to maintain social distancing to help keep our school community healthy. We are looking forward to seeing you Wednesday!
I hope everyone is doing well. Just a few things…
- There is no school Friday, September 3rd – Monday, September 6th for Labor Day.
- Remember to pack a healthy snack for your child everyday. We have snack every afternoon.
- Make sure your child also has a water bottle with a tight closing lid.
- We love to celebrate birthdays! When it is your child’s birthday they may bring in individually wrapped, store bought treats for the class. We have 23 students. As far as I know there are no allergies. Napkins are always welcome with the treats. No juice/drinks please.
- Please be sure to check your child’s red folder every day.
- Thanks to those of you that have completed and returned the forms sent home the first day. If you haven’t yet, please do so as soon as possible.
- We have started our Eureka math curriculum. We typically do one lesson each day (except for half days, field trip days, etc.). Today I sent home the Succeed math book. This is the homework book and is to be kept at home. There is a homework lesson that goes with each lesson we do in class. Each lesson also has a parent homework helper page to explain the lesson. I will not collect or check the homework at this point. It is to be used for extra practice or review as you see fit. I do not expect students to complete the homework lessons everyday. But I may let you know if your child is struggling on a specific concept and would encourage them to complete the homework. Please do not let your child go ahead in the book as that may be confusing for them. Today we did lesson 1 and tomorrow will be lesson 2 and so on.
- Open House is next Wednesday, September 8th from 6-7:30 in our back bus parking lot area. The Kona Ice truck will be there from 6-7pm. All families are welcome to attend.
- FYI our Media special class has now changed from Thursday morning to Friday morning.
I think that is it for now. Have a lovely night 🙂
We had a great first day! Everyone did a wonderful job. They kept saying this is so much better than being on the computer! It sure is!
Thanks to everyone for bringing in school supplies. I appreciate it!
Please remember to check over your child’s red folder in their backpack. There is a getting to know your child form and a household information form. Please fill those out and return as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a full day. School starts at 9:00, doors open at 8:40 for breakfast. Pick up is at 3:55. Please pack a water bottle, healthy snack, and lunch if your child is not getting school lunch.
Also don’t forget to bring in an extra set of clothes labeled in a ziploc bag to keep in your child’s locker.
See you in the morning!