Must Do: All assignments are on google classroom to turn in digitally, the assignments below are for your overview of the weeks work. Please visit classwork in google classroom for further instructions.
- spelling assignments
- 30 minutes reading DAILY
- Freckle- Reading articles and Math Practices
- Daily journal entry (Work on Writing)
Spelling practices for Week 5
- Monday– write four times each
- Tuesday-vowels in red/consonant in blue
- Wednesday-sentences using your spelling words
- Thursday– alphabetical order
- Friday– rainbow writing
Work on Writing
Describe how you would draw a map of your bedroom. What symbols would you use on your key?
In your opinion, should children be allowed to have cell phones? Support your opinion with at least three reasons.
Write an all about paragraph describing ways to help care for our planet Earth in honor of Earth Day. List at least four ways.
In your opinion, should children wear helmets when riding a bike? Support your opinion with at least three reasons.
Freckle Reading and Math
CLASS CODE: nasraw
1. Best of the Best
2. Superhero Friends Forever
1. Base 10- At your level
2. Addition, Multiplication, and Subtraction
3. Number Facts – At your level
4. Operations & Algebraic Thinking – Parity Basics
- Save Your Paper, Help Earth
- A Day to Celebrate Earth
- Take Care of Our Planet
Scholastic News Articles:https://scholasticnews.scholastic.com
- Go to Grade 2
- Log in
- click on student
- our class code is Mokdad
After reading a book daily fill out the following comprehension questions ..
1. What is the author’s purpose for this book?
2. What is the problem in the story?
3. How was the problem solved?
4.How did the character in the story act throughout the story?
5. This story reminds me of a time I ….
1. What is the main idea of this book?
2. The three facts I learned are….
3. After using the glossary pick two words and write the meaning.
4. The photograph that helped me understand the text more is …….. .
5. After reading this book I now know more about…..
Writer’s Workshop (Assignment)
Opinion Piece: Should kids wear helmets when riding a bike? Why or why not.