Welcome Back: Hope everyone had a relaxing Spring Break!
- spelling assignments
- 30 minutes reading DAILY
- Freckle- Reading articles and Math Practices
- Daily journal entry (Work on Writing)
Freckle Reading and Writing assignments
Monday: Reading – A Little More Careful Math: #24
Tuesday: Reading – In Great Shape Math: #45
Wednesday: Reading – The Trail of Tears Math: #67
Thursday: Reading – Chef Math: #12
Week 3 Spelling -(Monday– write four times each, Tuesday-vowels in red/consonant in blue, Wednesday-sentences using your spelling words, Thursday– alphabetic order, and Friday– rainbow writing.
Spelling (Irregular Plural Nouns)
Work on Writing
Compare what it is like having school from home and school in a classroom. Think about the positive and negative aspects of both. Which do you prefer and why?
What is your favorite game/activity that you are doing at home during the quarantine that you did not do as much in the past, ex. Puzzles, baking, cooking, reading, watching TV… Describe why it is your favorite.
Adjectives are describing words. We use adjectives so others can get a better picture of the things we are describing. Pick a family member and use adjectives to describe them. Describe all the things that make them special.
Write a letter to the friend you miss the most from class. Tell them why you miss them so much.
Heads up/Seven up…Hot Potato…Little Sally Walker… Red Light/Green Light…Musical Chairs
Which game that we play in school is your favorite? Why is it your favorite?
After reading a book daily fill out the following comprehension questions ..
1. What is the author’s purpose for this book?
2. What is the problem in the story?
3. How was the problem solved?
4.How did the character in the story act throughout the story?
5. This story reminds me of a time I ….
1. What is the main idea of this book?
2. The three facts I learned are….
3. After using the glossary pick two words and write the meaning.
4. The photograph that helped me understand the text more is …….. .
5. After reading this book I now know more about…..
Writer’s Workshop (1 Week Assignment)
Opinion Piece: Should schools stop letting students celebrate birthdays in school? Why or why not?
The links below are great resources for reading:
Scholastic News Articles:
- Go to Grade 2
- Log in
- click on student
- our class code is nasrallah107
- Students enter class code: 5G2XGG
- Find your name
- your password is: 1234