We have officially completed our first week of virtual learning and I’ve learned so much in the process. I am so proud of the students and how well they are adapting to this. And, thank you parents for being their support and cheering us all on.
In reflecting on this past week, I just wanted to update you with some information that I think are helpful to everyone.
Specials (1:00 – 1:54):
Supplies: All students are expected to have the following supplies with them: Headphones, whiteboard/marker, notebook/pencil, books for independent reading, and Eureka Math books.
We have been reviewing expectations everyday. Here are some that students are need to continue working on.
1. Stay on mute. Raise your hand if you’d like to share.
2. Only respond appropriately in the chat room.
3. Have your supplies first thing in the morning.
4. Use the restroom in the morning before class and during breaks, if possible.
5. Stay in front of the camera. Do not place items in front of the camera.
6. Find a comfortable place to work and stay there. Do not walk around with your device.
7. Work on Schoology assignments and specials after they log off of Zoom at 1:00. Assignments will be due on the next day.
1. Please help your child find an appropriate place to work. Laying in bed is not conducive to a good learning environment.
2. Please make sure students are logging in at 8:55. In the morning we will be doing morning work, or listening to calming music and I will be sharing my screen. Being on time, will avoid distractions and getting off task.
3. Please make sure students are working in on their homework during the 1:00 – 3:50. Once they are off Zoom at 1:00 they are not done with school. They still have 3 hours to complete independent work that is assigned to them.
I know that this is a lot of information and I appreciate you reading through all of this. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out. We are all learning what is best for the kiddos and I truly appreciate all your support and patience.