1- Force and Motion: We are learning about force and motion. Students have new vocabulary words in their science notebook. Please, ask your child about the meaning of, motion, push, pull, and gravity
Lesson 2: What is Energy?
How to build a circuit??
A circuit is a closed path that electrons flow along to provide power to your home and electronics. A simple electric circuit contains a power source (battery), wires, and a resistor (light bulb). In a circuit, electrons flow from the battery, through the wires, and into the light bulb. When the bulb receives enough of these electrons it will light up. When constructed properly, you will be able to light your bulb with just a few simple steps.
Build a Circuit
How to make a circuit? A circuit is a path that electricity flows along. It starts at a power source, like a battery, and flows through a wire to a light bulb or other object and back to other side of the power source. You can build your own circuit and see how it works with this project!
What You Need:
- Small light bulb (or a flashlight bulb)
- 2 batteries (with the correct voltage for your light bulb)
- 2 alligator clip wires or aluminum foil*
- Paper clips
- Electrical tape (Scotch®tape also works)
- Bulb holder (optional)
- Battery holders (optional**)
*To use foil instead of wires, cut 2 strips each 6″ long and 3″ wide. Fold each one tightly along the long edge to make a thin strip.)
**To use paper clips instead of battery holders, tape one end of a paper clip to each end of your battery using thin strips of tape. Then connect your wires to the paper clips.
Part 1 – Making a Circuit:
- Connect one end of each wire to the screws on the base of the light bulb holder. (If you’re using foil, ask an adult to help you unscrew each screw enough to fit a foil strip under it.)
- Connect the free end of one wire to the negative (“-“) end of one battery. Does anything happen?
- Attach the free end of the other wire to the positive (“+”) end of the battery. Now what happens?
The materials we need to build a
Just one folder is needed.