Introduction to plastics and the ocean. Answer all questions in purple on a single google doc and submit to me by 5/10.
1. Describe the image posted here and write a paragraph detailing: Would you want to swim there? Do you think animals want to swim there? How does it make you feel? What caused this? Is this a good way to treat our environment? Put your thoughts into a google doc and submit it with the title – Introduction to Plastics – Week 1
The effects of ocean plastics pollution.
1. Define the words: respect, empathy.
2. Look at the following images and describe how plastics can harm sea life.
3. How can we show respect and empathy for ocean wild life?
Watch the following two videos:
Answer the following questions on a google doc as part of your document for Week 1
- Who is Capt. Charles Moore?
- What does he do?
- What is a gyre and why is it called a garbage patch?
- What are Nurdles?
- What are plankton?
- What has he discovered about the ratio of plastics to plankton in the ocean?
- Has this ratio changed?
- What are the effects of plastics on birds?
- What are the effects of plastics on fish?
- What is found in the stomach contents of Albatross chicks?
- What are the suggestions to solve the problem?