Details of the day:
LOG IN: We will be logging in at 8:55am per usual today. Today will consist of our morning meeting as a whole group. We will discuss our writing prompt, our mood meter, and the weather before watching our Social Emotional Learning episode. Once our morning meeting is done we will be splitting off into groups to work at approximately 9:20am.
Group B will remain online with CAMERAS on to complete the NWEA MATH ASSESSMENT, while Group A will go asynchronous (offline from ZOOM) and complete the recorded lessons – all writing, reading, and math activities for the day.
Group A – Asynchronous work. Complete all items below (1-5) clicking on the hyperlinks to access lessons and assignments:
1. You will listen to a story on ReadWorks about Abe Lincoln and the 13th amendment. You will complete the quiz at the end.
3. Next, watch three writing mini lessons onInformational Writing and TAKE NOTES IN YOUR NOTEBOOK. Review each video as many times as you need to fully understand. Friday you will be writing your FINAL copy of your informational HOW TO and you will submit pictures of your brainstorming, pre-writes, and drafting.
4. Work on the math Mid Module Review assessment. Due Friday by 4pm. Test Next Week.
5. Complete M1L15 in Zearn. You must be on Lesson 16 by the end of the day.
YOU WILL BREAK FOR LUNCH AT 11:45
LOG IN: We will ALL come back together in the afternoon at 12:25, to take attendance and discuss social studies. You will then be working asynchronously to complete your work.
Afternoon Asynchronous Work: (ALL STUDENTS)
- View the Recorded Lesson: Link
- Take notes in your Social Studies notebook and STUDY. Your test on government is next Tuesday.
- Check on your Food Terrarium. Make a note on it’s progress.
- 20 minutes of choice reading
- ReadWorks article-a-day reading and assignment
You have music at 1:40 today