We will begin working on our sound project in science.
This is the problem the students will be working on in regards to sound:
*What can you create that will help people who have lost their hearing?*
*How can you use different materials to create a device to help people with hearing loss?*
So I will need some donated supplies from you all. Please do not buy anything, since most of the items can be found at home. Some ideas are:
- empty boxes- different sizes
- empty paper towel or toilet paper rings
- string or yarn
- the inside of a wrapping paper roll
- pipe cleaners
- plastic or paper cups in different sizes
- empty WASHED OUT pop bottles or water bottles
The students will be drawing out their designs first. They will be in design teams and we will continue to discuss what shapes and items catch sound better increase/carry sound waves.
Thanks you for your help and enjoy your weekend.