There will be a Virtual Career Chat on Wednesday, March 24th at 3:30 p.m. There will be a number of topics discussed including, computer technologies, networking, software development and computer programming. Please see the flyer below for more information.
Click the link below for scholarships offered through the Dearborn Education Foundation.
Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Michigan is excited to be offering a virtual course that high school students can participate in this summer, The Joy Of Coding, which takes place July 5, 2021-August 13, 2021.
The Joy of Coding is an online course specially created for anyone who wants to experience first-hand the power and thrill of coding computers to do amazing things. Created with high school students in mind, it is a great way for anyone to step into the wondrous world of coding. You’ll learn by doing and experience how coding powers apps such as Snapchat and TikTok.
No prior coding experience is required! Anyone who wants to learn is welcome!
- Learn to code at their own pace with support from Michigan ECE faculty and students
- Have weekly coding lectures/assignments using an interactive textbook
- Have our commitment to help you get unstuck when learning to code
- Receive a certificate of accomplishment to include in college applications
Please visit our website for further information including math prerequisites, cost ($99), important dates, and more! For priority consideration, please submit an application by April 15, 2021!
For further questions, please email email@example.com.
Attention Juniors the SAT test is just around the corner!
Here is some great information to help you prepare for the test.
- Khan Academy: Free SAT Test Preparation and Practice Tests https://www.khanacademy.org/sat
- SAT Test Registration: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register
- If you are thinking about purchasing an SAT study guide here are some suggestions: Princeton Review, College Board, and Kaplan. The books can be purchased at a variety of locations including Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com
- What SAT/ACT and GPA do you need to be accepted into many of the Michigan colleges?
Please see the updated scholarships for the month of March under the Scholarships tab.
Here is a link to a short, instructional video that should help students apply. How to apply for scholarships at Henry Ford College – YouTube
HFC has over 200 different scholarship opportunities. To be eligible to apply, students just need to complete an admissions application and have log-in credentials. I’ve attached a pdf (with clickable links) and a jpg if you would like to distribute or post them. The scholarship deadline is March 31, 2021. Here is link to a short video on how to apply for scholarships http://bit.ly/hfc-scholarship-help
Financial Aid Information Nights
We have a few upcoming information sessions to help students and their families understand the FAFSA process and other options to help pay for college. All students are welcome at these free events, but registration is required. For more information and to sign up, students can visit www.hfcc.edu/finaidnight.
Deadline is March 31st!
Plan on attending our weekly open sessions with Edsel Ford’s career counselor Mr. Carlin if you have any questions about college programs, skilled jobs or financial aid. Tuesday’s at 2 p.m.
The following powerpoint is for students who are interested in attending Michael Berry for the next school year (2021-2022).