It has been an awesome first two weeks of school getting to know your children and them getting to know me. We are in full swing of the school year and we have begun taking NWEA. This week we will focus on the last two NWEA tests, Language Usage and Science. Please remember to sign your son or daughter’s planner every night. If you have not signed up for ClassDojo please do so, I send home reminders, add pictures, and communicate with you through the app. Please let me know if you have any questions or need help setting it up. Here is what we will be doing this week:
1. We will be focusing on quoting accurately from a text.
2. We will begin writing a narrative in writer’s workshop.
3. Students need to be reading at least 20 minutes every night.
4. New spelling words will be posted on Dojo.
1. We are learning about place value from millions to thousandths.
2. We will begin working on math stations.
3. Math homework will come home at least twice a week.
1. Last week we focused on an introduction to chemistry by making dull pennies shiny.
2. This week we will focus on the nature of matter, solids, liquids, and gases.
1. We will begin social studies by focusing on geography, specifically of the United States.
2. We will be working a map skills as well.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions or concerns. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 313.827.6600.