- Our story this week was Pete the Cat Rocking in my School Shoes. The lesson is attached below for you to use at home with your child.
- The Rhyming song for this month is Mary Had a Little Lamb. The students use a Big Mack repeater button to sing this familiar song and practice the rhyming words
- Our letter focus this week was “Aa”
- The students practiced number recognition and counting with our Apple Tree interactive book. We counted apples, sorted apples, painted with apples, learned about 1/2 and whole and apple stars, made apple muffins and ate it too!
- The students worked on their book handling skills. We practiced turning pages from left to right and pointing to pictures on the pages
- We continue to study the Unique Learning System unit on School Rules
- Our core vocab words for August/September are I, Want, and No
- October 8th – ½ day – Dismissal is at 11:25
- October 13th – Late Start
- November 10th – Picture day
Reading (Literature)- EERL.K.1 With guidance and support, identify details in familiar stories. Reading (Informational)- EERI.K.1. With guidance and support, identify a detail in a familiar text
Reading (Foundation Skills)- EERF.K.1. Demonstrate emerging understanding of the organization of print. EERF.K.1. a With guidance and support during shared reading demonstrate understanding that books are read one page at a time from beginning to end
EEL.K.1 Demonstrate emerging understandings of English grammar and word usage when communicating (With guidance and support, distinguish between letters and other symbols or shapes)
EEK.CC.1 Starting with one, count to 10 by ones