Hello! This will be the last week of NEW material for school. That means that if you have been doing all of your assignments and following all of the directions since March, you should be done with everything for Language Arts by this Friday. If you have assignments that have been marked as incomplete or missing, you will be given until next Wednesday, June 10th at 3:00 pm to complete any assignments you may need to make up. Remember, you MUST email me when you complete something late Otherwise I won’t know to go back and grade it. Please try to get your work made up to the best of your ability.
I have received MANY emails over the course of my maternity leave and it is taking me a while to respond to them all. Please be patient, I will be caught up by the end of the day today. I have posted your last assignments for the to iLearn and Google Classroom.
Don’t forget that you can pick up the items from your lockers this afternoon. There will be staff members outside of the building to go in and get your things. All you need to do is roll down your window, state your name, and your Advisory teacher. Then, your items will be brought out to your car for you.
Here are a few reminders as we finish up the year:
ALL ASSIGNMENTS ARE POSTED ON ILEARN!! I am only allowing makeups of assignments assigned after April 13th. Anything before then was considered “enrichment” and students that completed those assignments on time earned a score. If you hear from your advisory teacher you have missing work in my class, you need to check student connect for your missing assignments and then email me to let me know you finished your work! You also need to tell me which assignment you completed and be specific. If you are talking about IXL, you need to tell me which lesson you worked on. Otherwise, I cannot grade your assignment. The same goes for your Guided Questions, Family Friday Activity, and Discussion Posts. If you don’t tell me the week you made up, I won’t know what to grade.
This Week’s Assignments:
- Go to iLearn & review the checklist created for the week under the “June 1st-June 5th Assignments (weeks 7 and 8)”
- View the recorded vi-deo lesson posted on iLearn (there is 1 this week reviewing chapters 18-20 with announcements)
- Go through the Theme, Story Device, and Conflict Review Lesson (I can see your progress on this and whether you did it or not. It will help you prepare for your Weeks 7 and 8 Discussion.
- Read Chapters 21-23 of The Giver – if you don’t have the book it is posted under “The Giver Resources” on iLearn
- Complete The Giver Chapter 21-23 questions
- Post in the “Weeks 7 and 8 Discussion” by Wednesday @ 3:00 pm
- Return to respond to another student in the “Weeks 7 and 8 Discussion” by Friday @ 3:00 pm
- Family Fun Friday due by Friday 3:00 pm
- ReadTheory – 5 passed this week (40 from April 13th-June 5th for full points – You should be done with Read Theory this week!)
- IXL – EE#5 (video support on iLearn) – all previous IXL skills are still starred if you are missing them
All assignments are due by 3:00 pm Friday.
Office Hours: Mondays 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, Thursdays 11:00 am – 1:00 pm, this means you can reach me by email quickly.
Quiz #3 Friday, June 5th and Make-Up Day Monday, June 8th
The final quiz is on The Giver Chapters 16-23. The quiz opens at 12:01 am and close at 11:59 pm. The retake is built into the quiz because you have 3 chances to get all questions correct (except true/false). You may also use The Giver book during the quiz to help you. I recommend looking the answers up to confirm them!!
Many students did not take the first two quizzes on The Giver during the scheduled time. For this reason, I am allowing students to make-up this work on Monday, June 8th. The quizzes open at 12:01 am and close at 11:59 pm. The retake is built into the quiz because you have 3 chances to get all questions correct (except true/false). You may also use The Giver book during the quiz to help you. I recommend looking the answers up to confirm them!! If you do not make-up your quiz during this time, NO ALTERNATE DATE WILL BE SCHEDULED since this is your second opportunity to do this. You DO NOT need to email me when you complete this assignment because I will be able to login on Tuesday and see who made up their work.
- You should be done reading your novel for One-Pager #7 (can NOT be The Giver)
- One-Pager Eight has been posted. The directions are on iLearn and Google Classroom. It is called The Giver End of Novel Project and you have been given a couple of options for how to complete it.
- One-Pagers Five, Six, Seven, and Eight are all due NEXT Friday, June 5th. They are 20 points each! Make sure you submit them ON TIME to ensure they get graded! If you turn your assignments in late, I WILL NOT grade them until all of the ones that have been turned in on time have been graded and I have spare time to grade the late ones. The turn ins have been posted on Google Classroom and were moved to the top of the page for your convenience.
Read Theory Make Up
We will continue to use Read Theory in the way we normally would for the remainder of the school year. You must pass 5 Read Theory quizzes each week through THIS FRIDAY, June 5th. That means you should be using April 13th as your start date and June 5th as your end date to check how many quizzes you have passed. If you have passed 5 quizzes each week, then on Friday, the amount of quizzes you will have needed to pass for full credit will be 40.
I know some of you are behind on Read Theory for the year and need to make up quizzes for late work. This is the last week I am giving you to make up those late assignments and improve your grade for the end of the year. For those of you who fall into this category, if you use September 23rd as your start date and June 5th as your end date and the amount of quizzes you have passed is 200, I will go back and give you full credit for all of your missing Read Theory from the year. This will not go back and change the grades on your report cards but it will help improve your year-long average at the end of the year. You must have both components to receive full credit for the entire school year. If you do not have late Read Theory, don’t worry, this will not apply to you. Should you decide to make these up, it is your responsibility to email me that you have passed 200 Read Theory from September 23rd-June 5th and you MUST email me by THIS FRIDAY, June 5th at 3:00 pm to receive credit for these late assignments.
Enjoy your week and email me if you have any questions or complete late work. Remember to be specific! Congratulations to those of you who have been on task for the past 8 weeks! you are done with 6th Grade Language Arts this week!