You will need to complete Summer Learning for both math and ELA. Please read this post carefully. There is a lot of important information here.
For math, you will need to complete 480 minutes on Khan Academy.
For ELA, you will need to read 3 books and write a 1/2 page summary for each book. You will also need to prepare a book talk for ONE book that you read. Be prepared to present this book talk during the first week of 7th grade. It is your first grade in Student Connect for 7th grade- so this is a great way to make sure you start the year with a good grade.
Please carefully read the documents linked below for details about Summer Learning.
Woodworth ELA Summer Learning Requirements: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SwyXE6JJCYC8Ao5nF-U2GnTal_QDLJZqSFPbOlsSEUA/edit
Summer Learning Parent Letter (in English and Arabic): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AuCd8e7qglmdl4qh9FrCN6Lw7cN4eG8uzgWNlkzC7zE/edit
Summer Learning Presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1_xoSdH_w_wiU_RmiBhyykegOZXzDdW_t4fZXxCVcWEw/edit#slide=id.g80b345b159_0_0
How Can You Find Books to Read This Summer?!
1. You can download books for free from the public library system. Start here: https://dearbornlibrary.org/wordpress/books-movies-more/emedia/
2. If you have a Kindle, students can follow the link to download free books: https://ebookfriendly.com/download-free-kindle-books/
4. Open Book is another resource. You can sign in with your Google or Clever account: https://openebooks.net/getstarted.html
5. You can sign up for https://www.audiobooksync.com/ where you can access two audio books per week for free.
6. You can order books online (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target, Audible, Kindle Readers, etc.), or check out from a local community library.