Please make sure you pace yourself and complete all of these assignments by Friday March 20th. I will be contacting parents via remind, or calling home if students are not completing assignments on google classroom. If you have any questions please contact me by emailing me at email@example.com or through remind.
I have highlighted skills that you need to work on in Math, science and Social studies. Make sure you complete these tasks in your free time! When you log into Ixl these tasks will be starred.
- You will be assigned 2 Freckle articles ( Science Based) per week. Must be completed by Friday.
- Razkids.com- I passed out usernames and passwords last Wednesday. If you don’t have it please contact me. Everyday you have to read the books assigned and answer the questions at the end. Write down the questions and answers in your reading response notebooks. You must be doing the writing response as well. Teacher’s username for razkids is frida0.
- Reading logs: Please read 40 minutes every day from your library book and write a summary on google classroom. Must be in your own words.
- You will watch a video per lesson. The lessons are posted below.
- Then go on zearn.org and complete the module 5 lesson 6 on Monday.
- Then complete succeed book lessons.
- Take pictures of completed assignments and send to me through remind or my email.
Monday: Module 5 lesson 11: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHvss7K5YnII
Tuesday Module 5 lesson 12: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLfqMWLS104
Wednesday: Module 5 lesson 13:chttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i1hBIFDMCc
Thursday: Module 5 lesson 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5PZdW2_4eE
Friday: Module 5 lesson 15: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hll75Lb1I6Y
1. Read about the Sugar Act at https://www.ushistory.org/declaration/related/sugaract.html
Read about the Stamp Act at https://www.ducksters.com/history/american_revolution/the_stamp_act.php – this passage can be read to you if you click the link at the bottom. Take the 10 question quiz at the end to test your knowledge.
Watch the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMmwDJXWjwQ
Write an argument for or against Brittan taxing the colonies from the perspective of the Colonist, or the British. Choose your side and provide evidence for your decision using information you read. This argument needs to have an introduction, body paragraph, and conclusion paragraph.
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE ON GOOGLE DOCS BY 4/5
2. First, read about the Townshend Acts found at https://www.ducksters.com/history/american_revolution/townshend_acts.php this passage can be read to you if you click the link at the bottom. Take the 10 question quiz at the end to test your knowledge.
Next, read about the Boston Massacre found at https://www.ducksters.com/history/american_revolution/boston_massacre.phpthis passage can be read to you if you click the link at the bottom. Take the 10 question quiz at the end to test your knowledge.
Finally, Visit the following website https://mrnussbaum.com/boston-massacre-reading-comprehension and answer all comprehension questions on a word document by numbering 1-10 and providing your answers.
THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE ON GOOGLE DOCS BY 4/5
5. IXL Social Studies LEVEL G TASKS to complete this week. There are only 3 for you to work on. Once you get to 85% you may stop: G.2, G.6, F.11
1. Click on the link below to view the generation genius video. Be sure to take notes while you watch to answer the lesson questions below. Watch the video as many times as you need to get all the complete answers you need. Turn in all your answers on one google doc by 4/5
What you will learn from this video
- An ecosystem is a community of interacting organisms & their environment.
- Organisms only survive in an ecosystem when their specific needs are met.
- Newly introduced organisms can throw off the balance of an ecosystem.
- A healthy ecosystem has many different kinds of organisms.
Define the following words from the video:
- Invasive species
- Living Things
- Non-Living Things
Answer the following questions from the video in complete sentences:
- What is an ecosystem?
- What does a plant or animal need in order to survive in a certain ecosystem?
- What is found in a healthy ecosystem?
- What might happened if a new organism is introduced to an ecosystem?
Lesson Exit Ticket questions to answer in complete sentence:
- List 2 living and 2 non-living things that may be found in a forest ecosystem.
- Describe 2 interactions between living things and non-living things in an ecosystem.
- Describe how humans can both hurt and help ecosystems.
3. IXL Science LEVEL G TASKS to complete this week. There are only 3 for you to work on under Ecosystems. Once you get to 85% you may stop: P.2, P.4, P.6