Copy and paste link into search box.
Read Pages 80-86 and take notes. Be ready for a discussion on Wednesday.
TEST IS 11/2
- Solution- a liquid mixture in which the minor component (the solute) is uniformly distributed within the major component (the solvent).
- Evidence– the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
- Conserved– prevent the wasteful or harmful overuse of (a resource).
- Colony– an area of land controlled by another, usually distant, country.
- Ethnic group– a group of people who share a language and similar customs.
- Migration– the movement of people from one country or region to another with the intent of staying at that place for a long period of time.
- Compare-estimate, measure, or note the similarity or dissimilarity between.
- Contrast-the state of being strikingly different from something else.
- Text Structures-refers to how the information within a written textis organized.
- Multiply- obtain from (a number) another that contains the first number a specified number of times.
- Divide- separate or be separated into parts.
- Operation- takes two values, and includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and exponentiation.
- particles – a minute portion of matter.
- substance – a particular kind of matter with uniform properties.
- exponent– a quantity representing the power to which a given number or expression is to be raised, usually expressed as a raised symbol beside the number or expression.
- algorithm– a procedure, a description of a set of steps that can be used to solve a mathematical
- horizontal– the opposite of vertical, something horizontalis arranged sideways, like a person lying down.
- inference– a conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning.
- determine– ascertain or establish exactly, typically as a result of research or calculation.
- context clues– hints that the author gives to help define a difficult or unusual word. The clue may appear within the same sentence as the word to which it refers, or it may follow in a preceding sentence.
- exchange– an act of giving one thing and receiving another (especially of the same type or value) in return.
- Exploration- the action of traveling in or through an unfamiliar area in order to learn about it.
- Compound– made up or consisting two or more parts
- Implied– to suggest (something) without saying or showing it plainly