October 5

Parent Talk




With Margaret King Ahmed

Increase achievement and decrease discipline issues with effective Parent Talk. Learn communication skills that empower, encourage self-responsible behaviors, self-motivation and character development. Learn practical skills to positively effect the social and emotional development of your children and family. Certificate of completion is awarded to participants who complete the program.

Sessions are Wednesday’s 2:00-3:30pm in Media Center


     October 17, 24. November 7, 14, 28. December 5, 12.

                 Graduation: December 19, 2018.      


Registration Sheets are in the office.

Category: Blogs | LEAVE A COMMENT
August 27

Welcome to iBlog



Dear Parents/Guardians,

My name is Ms. Rangel, and it is my pleasure to welcome you to the fourth-grade. I will work hard to make sure that your child obtains the attention that he or she deserves. I hope to make education fun for all and instill a love of learning for all my students. As parents and guardians, I hope you will be able to support your child’s progress and work with me to guarantee your child’s success. Below are a few ways you can help foster your child’s education:


For monitoring your child’s behavior, I have the clip system. Everyday your child will start off on green meaning they are ready to learn. If they move up to purple they have gone above and beyond my expectations and will receive a positive call home. If your child clips down to yellow it is considered a warning. If they continue to clip down to orange they will be taking home a filled out an action plan that reflects on their behavior that will have to be signed and returned the next day. If they continue to clip down to red, you will receive a phone call regarding your child’s behavior as well as detention. If they clip down to blue, they will have earned all of the above as well as a conference with Mrs. Srour. Now there are some positives to this new behavior system. If your child stays on green for the span of a month or so, with only three yellows they have earned the right to participate in a school wide party.

School Schedule

Arrival and Dismissal: Please do your best to bring and pick up your child on time. Our day begins at 8:35 a.m. If your child is in the classroom after 8:40 they will be considered tardy. Dismissal will be in the front of the school at 3:35 p.m.

If you have any questions about your child’s education or simply want to talk with me, I can be reached by either telephone (313) 827-2300 or email at rangelr@dearbornschools.org. Please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to teaching your children this year and pushing them to reach their fullest potential.

Ms. Rangel


Remind: Text – @msrangel4 To – 81010


February 6

Honor Roll

Our new Honor Roll Criteria. 
We agreed that for all grades 3 to 5, Honor Roll recipients need 1s and 2s in 85% of curriculum areas (including art, music and PE), 3s are acceptable in the remaining 15%, but none can be in Core Values.  No 4s period.  
Meaning:  Core Values must be all 1’s and 2’s.  The rest of the report card must have 85% 1s and 2s.
Category: Blogs | LEAVE A COMMENT