All assignments are also on google classroom to turn in virtually.
Must Do: All assignments are on google classroom to turn in digitally, the assignments below are for your overview of the week’s work. Please visit classwork in google classroom for further instructions.
- spelling assignments
- 30 minutes reading DAILY
- Freckle- Reading articles Class code: nasraw
- Readworks- Reading articles Class code: 5G2XGG Password: 1234
- Daily journal entry (Work on Writing)
- Eureka Math-Google Classroom
Spelling practices for Week 8
- Monday– write four times each
- Tuesday-vowels in red/consonant in blue
- Wednesday-sentences using your spelling words
- Thursday– alphabetical order
- Friday– rainbow writing
Week 35: Prefixes: re-, pre-, un-, dis-
Word Bank: (Choose 5 hot words and 5 cold words)
W.O.W (Work on Writing)
Sunday, May 10th was Mother’s Day. How did you and your family celebrate your mother on Mother’s Day?
Winner!!! Winner!!! Congratulations, you have just won an “All-Expense Paid Trip” to anywhere in the world. Where would you go and why?
Hobbies are a way for people to relax. A hobby could be anything from collecting rocks, reading, cooking or walking. What are some hobbies you enjoy and why?
We don’t get to pick our names, our parents give us our names when we are born. Do you like the name your parents picked for you? Why or why not? If you think your name is a good fit for you, describe why you feel that way. If you don’t like your name, what name would you have liked to have instead and why?
Use the writing process to write a narrative writing piece. Write a story about the first time you met your best friend.
Tuesday: Rough Draft
Friday: Final Draft
After reading a book daily fill out the following comprehension questions ..
1. What is the author’s purpose for this book?
2. What is the problem in the story?
3. How was the problem solved?
4.How did the character in the story act throughout the story?
5. This story reminds me of a time I ….
1. What is the main idea of this book?
2. The three facts I learned are….
3. After using the glossary pick two words and write the meaning.
4. The photograph that helped me understand the text more is ……..