We are wrapping up NWEA tests with some make ups for absent students. DRA is still in progress.
Answer science study guide questions . We shall go over the answers on Monday and take a short test on Wednesday. Also read pages 8-11 in Earth and Sun book. The students can log on Fossweb.com to access an interactive science book. I demonstrated in class how to navigate the
User ID : millergrad5
Solve math pg. 20 of Succeed
Keep reviewing the social studies notes.
Have a great weekend
Homework: Read King Alfred and fill out the Double Thinking Map
Submit your favorite items writing by Friday including a conclusion
Study spelling words
Read pages 3-7 of the science book . Answer questions 2 & 3 in the notebook
Study the social studies notes. A quiz on Wendesday
Sign and return your instrument music sheet. ( Optional)
Read for 30 mins.
Record your observation on the night sky-Log
Please join us today from 6:00-7:30 for our Open House in room 212. You will be choosing conference time and getting information to log on parent connect.
Homework: Complete the science and grammar worksheet.
Spelling test tomorrow
A reminder that tomorrow is 1/2 a day for students. Dismissal is at 11:45 .
See you tonight!
Please join us on Thursday to attend our Open House in room 212 at 6:00-7:30.
- Review social studies Big idea points for lesson 1 and 2. Also review the vocabulary cards. The students should be able to comprehend the words when they appear in the text or questions. They do not have to memorize them word per word, but should get the concept.
- Math homework page 11 of Succeed book
- Read for 30 minutes on Mobymax
Please join us Thursday, September 10 in room 212 to meet and greet during our Open House. It will be from 6:00 to 7:30.
- Study notes of social studies/ Big Idea lesson 1 and word cards of lesson 1.
- Finish the Frayer Model organizer for your vocabulary word
- Write an introduction and paragraph 1 about you first favorite item. I modeled in class and the students should have a reasonable understanding of what to write.
- Sign the writing and spelling sheets and return to school
- We started our math NWEA test today and we will continue tomorrow
We are still testing NWEA reading and DRA. Many students finished their placement reading test on Mobymax. Please make sure your child logs on Mobymax and starts reading daily for 30 minutes.
In math we started learning today about converting standard numbers to exponential forms.
Review social studies and science cards.
Have a great weekend
Please read the letter about bringing 3 favorite items to school to write about.
Cut and paste the social studies vocabularies and review them.
Review your science vocabulary : shadow and orientation
Spelling test is tomorrow