You know by now that you should aim to be active at least 60 minutes a day. The best way to start – and sustain – regular physical activity is to discover activities that you enjoy! When you do this, you are more likely to exercise on a regular basis and continue exercising into adulthood. We’ve given you lots of samples of activities – which do you enjoy most?!
Today’s dance tutorial is an Afro’Dance workout that will work your arms, upper body and core in this high-energy video.
• https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/NEO1ydknMVk (Time: 15:03)
This strength workout, from the Nike trainer series, is sure to make you work up a sweat. It uses no equipment, but your body weight will be enough!
• https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/HNnmwt1UKi4 (Time: 48:10)
• https://youtu.be/vI1Yf-MBczI (Time: 32:20)
For today’s ‘red’ challenge, combine the dance video and the strength exercises for a total body workout!
Nutrition and Healthy Eating
In general, humans eat a LOT of meat. Eliminating meat just one day a week can make a big difference for your health and the health of our planet. Replacing meat with plant-based choices has potential health benefits, like reducing risk for heart disease and diabetes, and helps take action against climate change by reducing your carbon footprint and helping you conserve precious environmental resources. Planning a “Meatless Monday” is a great place to start! Give it a try this week with a delicious meatless chili.
• 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 1 (15 ounce) can no salt added pinto (or chili) beans, un-drained
• 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
• 1 cup of frozen chopped green peppers
• 1 cup of frozen chopped onions
• 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• salt and pepper, to taste
• Optional chili toppings: cheese, green onions, plain Greek yogurt
In a large stockpot, combine all ingredients. Heat oven medium heat until warm, and serve with your favorite toppings.