District Google Meet Updates
Enter a meeting code or nickname:
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Join or start a meeting.
- Enter a nickname.
Google Meet/Hangout Etiquette Guide for Students
- Take a Look at your video BEFORE joining the Hangout. Make sure that everything in the video (especially the background) is appropriate.
- When you enter the Meet/Hangout, mute yourself (If you are already not muted.)
- When you have a question, type in the textbox and wait for your teacher to call on you.
- When you have something to contribute to what is being said, but it is not your turn, use the chat feature in the right-hand corner.
- Wait for the teacher to call on you to unmute yourself.
- Only one student should contribute/talk at a time
- Look into the camera when you are talking.
- Stay attentive. Pay attention to your teacher or other students who are speaking.
**Remember to END the Meet by clicking the Hang-up button and NOT just closing the tab.
Google Classroom Assignments
Turn in an assignment with a doc assigned to you
- Go to classroom.google.com and click Sign In. Sign in with your Google Account. …
- Click the class Classwork. the assignment.
- To open the assigned file, click the thumbnail with your name on it.
- Enter your work.
- Choose one: In the document, click Submit and it will tell you it’s been “turned in”
Google Classroom Log in
*Log into dearbornscools.org
*Click on student portal
*Look for useful links
*Click on Google Classroom
*Class Code r5gzdws
How to get students to their assignments
1. Have students go to www.readworks.org/student
2. Students enter class code PXSAGK
3. Tell your students that their default password is 1234
Note: Students can change their passwords when they log in, and you can change student passwords on this page.
Sample Parent Letter for Raz Kids
*Student passwords are their own initals (lowercase letters)
Dear Parent or Guardian:
Your child has access to award-winning digital resources through Kids A-Z, Learning A-Z’s website created for students. After
your child logs in, each website your child’s teacher has subscribed to is shown. Your child can work on assignments or select
other resources for reading and writing practice.
Website Resources for Your Student
Thousands of leveled books and resources in printable and digital formats
(In English and Spanish)*
- Access resources on mobile devices by downloading the Kids A-Z app from the app store. Data rates may apply.
Kids A-Z Login Instructions
Step 1: Go to www.kidsa-z.com
Step 2: Enter or choose the teacher’s username, smacdonald34
Step 3: Your child finds his or her username on the class chart, Adam
Step 4: Your child enters his or her password, as
How to Register for and Receive Progress Reports
If you would like to receive activity and progress reports for your child and send him or her messages, you can register for
parent access from your child’s teacher. Once the teacher approves access, you can view reports and send your child
messages by clicking on the parent link at the top of the screen at www.kidsa-z.com. Here are the three options for requesting
After your child logs in, click on the green parent button at the top right of the screen and enter your email address.
Send your email address(es) to your child’s teacher at email@example.com
Class code – iih3045