Click on the link and you will find a spreadsheet of books organized by DRA Level. Each sheet has books for a specific level. I highly recommend that you print off a list and bring it with you to the library!
Please consider signing up to help sell chips during the election tomorrow. We have all of the supplies and signs. We are selling chips to help defray the cost of our trip to Lansing. Please click on the link below. It will open a sign up sheet. Thank you for your support!
Please click on the link below for an update on the Halloween plans for tomorrow’s costume parade.
Reminders for the week:
Halloween party on Thursday 1:30-2:30; you are all welcome to stop in. PLEASE sign in at the office.
Halloween Parade 2:50-3:15
Friday: half day and 3rd grade chip sale to support our Lansing field trip
A note about Halloween was sent out last week, however here are a few reminders:
- Students may wear costumes to school (no weapons or masks, please)
- Please DO NOT send in any snacks, candy bags, or goodie bags.
- Party– 1:30-2:30 we will be rotating through Halimi, Joachim, and Lozon’s room for fun games. No help is required, but parents are welcome to sign in at the office and come down to say hello!
- Parade will begin at 2:50. Please be sure to get a good spot around the perimeter of the building to take some good photos.
- If there is rain, an update will be sent out on the blog and remind.
Our class has been working on multiplication and division. One way to help students is to practice skip counting. When your child skip counts, it’s important for he/she to hold up the fingers that go with the skip count so a connection is made between the multiplication/division fact and the skip count (for example, for 3 x 2 the student holds 2 fingers up). We do these activities daily and the students are really improving! Have fun with the videos! Click on the links below for the skip counts songs!
If you haven’t purchased a third grade t shirt for your child, we would encourage you to do so. Our goal is for each student to have a shirt to wear on our field trips, and we have the added benefit of being able to help fund our Lansing trip as well with each shirt purchased. Thank you for supporting our efforts to provide fun and educational experiences for your children!
Our students are going on a wonderful trip to Lansing. In order to help fund the trip, we are selling third grade t-shirts that are available in adult sizes (for parents or grandparents who would like to chaperone, for example) as well as a variety of sizes for youth! You are also able to donate money specifically to the cause and your donation will go toward funding our trip.
Please click on the link below to donate and/or order a third grade shirt!
Our school-wide Open House is this Thursday, September 12 from 6:00-7:30. Please come join us in Room 32. Here’s what to expect:
- A scavenger hunt! Complete with your third grader and become familiar with our classroom!
- Sign up for conferences! Bring your calendars.
- Sign up for blogs and Remind apps! Bring your smart phone to scan QR codes that will streamline the process so you can stay up-to-date on our school events and classroom announcements!
- Meet Mrs. Joachim! Bonus points for students who bring their parents AND a knock-knock joke!
At 5:30, we will meet in the library for a 3rd Grade Parent Meeting!
- Find out about field trips!
- Find out about homework routines!
- Learn about PBIS!
- Ask questions!
- Sign up to be Homeroom Parents!
We will dismiss at 6:00 so you can enjoy the rest of the Open House!
Welcome to my blog! I’m so glad that you have taken the opportunity to visit. I hope that you will find this site informative. Explore all of the tabs. They are full of good information about third grade!
Please take a moment to subscribe with your email and you will be notified any time a new post has been added to the blog.
I look forward to a year of growing and learning together with your third grader!
Here is the schedule for the Made In Michigan presentations. You are welcome to come watch the presentations. Each presentation lasts about 5-10 minutes. When you arrive, if a student is presenting, please wait in the hallway until the student is finished talking. It can be very distracting to students when people are walking in/out of the classroom.
No changes will be made to the schedule.
June 10 is Haigh’s Field Day! We are looking forward to this fun end-of-the-year activity! I am sending home a note in your child’s Owl Folder with information and we hope you can volunteer to help out if you are available! We appreciate all that our Haigh families do to support the activities that we plan for our students! An extra copy can be found in the link below